Problem with some channels on DVB Dream 1.7a p2 on FFDShow

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

DVBDreamPersia
Not too shy to talk

Problem with some channels on DVB Dream 1.7a p2 on FFDShow

Postby DVBDreamPersia » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:49 am

I'm using DVB Dream 1.7a p2 and FFDShow latest version (libmpeg2) as decoder (default setting)

all looks good but with some certain channels like Dubai Sports 2 (Badr 26E) I get these small distortion in video. it's like small bars over image. here are some screenshots:

but the picture is fine with all other channels. would you please help me know what's wrong?
Do these channels need some different setting?

genpix
love DVB Dream!

Re: Problem with some channels on DVB Dream 1.7a p2 on FFDSh

Postby genpix » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:14 pm

these are interlaced artifacts.
Can often happen with sport events which are shot at real 1080i format (or 480i).
Which means that each half-frame of the source signal is acquired it different moment of time, and when codec glues them together you see zigzag edges of fast moving objects.

It's also possible that vedeo source is in progressive format (with applied telecine) but your codec can not deinterlace it properly because it uses some default (lowest CPU consumption) settings in the de-interlace configuration. Try to play with different de-interlace setting (and their combination).

PS: if it's real interlaced source, you probably will not be able to get a normal picture on PC monitor (you'll need a monitor with real interlacing capabilities).
you may use a dirty solution (which is more appealing for human eye): drop even (or odd) frames.
You will loose about half of the pixel on the screen (codec will duplicate odd horizontal lines into even lines, and discard original even lines). But if your source 1080i, you will still get some watchable picture on the screen.
DVBDreamPersia
Not too shy to talk

Postby DVBDreamPersia » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 am

thank you, in FFDShow settings, I turned on "deinterlacing" on YADIF method and double frame-rate, and now it shows these channels correctly.
reeven
Just can't stay away

Postby reeven » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:22 am

I also have deinterlace broken in v1.5-1.7 in EVR MODE on WIN7.
I fixed this by using cyberlink video codec for sd and hd.
With any other codec( lav, fddshow, divx, microsoft, arcsoft) deinterlace is broken.
terratec cinergy htc xs hd , haupphage hvr 930c, sundtek mediapro, msi digivox II
all sticks with empia 2885 chipset.
DVBDreamPersia
Not too shy to talk

Postby DVBDreamPersia » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:47 am

you can change interlacing settings in FFDShow too.

open video decoder configuration window, then have a look at deinterlacing

Return to “General”