Multiple LAN streaming from 2 separate DVB Dreams

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

l33pruk
Just popping in

Multiple LAN streaming from 2 separate DVB Dreams

Postby l33pruk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:08 am

Hello everyone,

First, I would like to thank the creators of DVB Dream for making a great software!

Second, I am having a bit of a problem streaming 2 separate channels with VLC. I have installed 2 DVB Dream applications in separate folders. In DVB Dream #1 I left the LAN Streaming options default (Client: 127.0.0.1, and Port: 1234), and in DVB Dream #2 I changed the port to 1236.

Now, when I stream DVB Dream #1, it works fine. When I open DVB Dream #2, stream from DVB Dream #1 stops and DVB Dream #2 does not play anything. I also noticed that even though I changed the UDP port in DVB Dream #2, VLC is opening URL "udp://" which I think is the default still.

Can someone please inform me how to simultaneously play and stream both channels?

Thank you for your time reading this.

-- EDIT --
I figured it out and I'm posting this for anyone having the same issue. This is the format to open UDP streams in VLC:

Code: Select all

udp://@:1234 (where 1234 = port number)
So, let's say you have 2 DVB Dream instances running, and you configured LAN Streaming for DD #1 on port 1200 and DD #2 on port 1300. You would first start these channels in DVB Dreams in RENDERLESS MODE and then open up 2 VLC instances and play the network streams (CTRL+N) like this:

Code: Select all

udp://@:1200
udp://@:1300
From VLC you can also set up transcoding and streaming out if you will. DVB Dream is indeed a dreamy piece of software!

Return to “General”