recording Dolby-E pid

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

mrchisholm
Not too shy to talk

recording Dolby-E pid

Postby mrchisholm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:47 am

Hey

been using dvbdream for years and it's the best viewer for dvb that i've tried .. but i have one problem, it usually will not record the Dolby-E pid even tho i have set it to record all pids etc in settings .. is there a way to make it record all pids even those it does not recognize?

Regards
MrC

X05
Home away from home

Re: recording Dolby-E pid

Postby X05 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:58 pm

If there was some event feed that used Dolby-E I used my TSwriter2 module.. however I probably need to add mode to allow dialog to be closed while recording.
Does it show an audio type in the audio pid editor? Possible to fake the audio type? Can you listen to Dolby-E audio in realtime?
Omicom DVB-S2
mrchisholm
Not too shy to talk

Postby mrchisholm » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:38 am

nah there is no pid recognized in the channel properties, no i have no way of listening to it in real time, i like to record it and reencode it to DTS HD afterwards tho :)
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:31 am

maybe you can send me a sample stream and we can fix the problem by making DD recognize unknown audio pid format.

Normally if it had recognized the pid, you could pick TS as record format. then pick "All audio pids" in "Preferences->Record->TS Records", it would finely record the audio.

Can you upload some sample stream from that transponder for me to test?

How to capture a sample stream
1) Depending on the device you got there, you might first need to enable "Full TS" mode in device options & restart DD
2) start "TSWriter" (or "Stream Recorder") module on the problematic transponder, record about 100 mb
3) upload file to somewhere (Hotfile, Rapidshare). and send links to me
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
feedfreak
Just popping in

Postby feedfreak » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:13 pm

it was a Biss encoded stream that contains h264 4.2.2 video 1 mp2 track and 1 dolby e track

recorded with transedit and decrypted via tsdec. ffmpeg sees it as an unknown track, tsmuxer cant detect it but good luck with it.

it must be possible to record and extract it correctly some how as there are a few streams out there that have been converted to dts to take advange of the higher quilty dolby e audio.

http://speedy.sh/Ft4PX/dole.ts
mrchisholm
Not too shy to talk

Postby mrchisholm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:15 am

maybe you can send me a sample stream and we can fix the problem by making DD recognize unknown audio pid format.

Normally if it had recognized the pid, you could pick TS as record format. then pick "All audio pids" in "Preferences->Record->TS Records", it would finely record the audio.

1) Depending on the device you got there, you might first need to enable "Full TS" mode in device options & restart DD
2) start "TSWriter" (or "Stream Recorder") module on the problematic transponder, record about 100 mb
thanks for taking the time to look into this :) i see a sample was allready provided (alltho it doesn't look correct in transedit, should say AES3 PCM Audio on dolby pid) but here is another one. :) (was recored on my dreambox but the entire transponder is there)

http://www.speedyshare.com/z7TJp/201202 ... 4-02-48.ts

feedfreak u prolly found my caps, if i want dolby-e i also use transedit to cap and convert with dts encoder ... but would ofc like it to be able to record dolby pid in dvbdream :)
feedfreak
Just popping in

Postby feedfreak » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:09 am

thanks for taking the time to look into this :) i see a sample was allready provided (alltho it doesn't look correct in transedit, should say AES3 PCM Audio on dolby pid) but here is another one. :) (was recored on my dreambox but the entire transponder is there)

http://www.speedyshare.com/z7TJp/201202 ... 4-02-48.ts

feedfreak u prolly found my caps, if i want dolby-e i also use transedit to cap and convert with dts encoder ... but would ofc like it to be able to record dolby pid in dvbdream :)

maybe ts dec messed it up when removing the encrytion, i always record the video, mp2/ac3 track and aes pcm track (dolby e) with transedit. Have you experimented with encrypted files or just FTA?

edit - needed to record the pat with the streams so they are all detected correctly :) dolby e is now detected before and after decrytion. Would be cool if DvbDream could implement the doby e pid recording to enabe watching the channle live while recording :)
mrchisholm
Not too shy to talk

Postby mrchisholm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:29 am

oh i see, yes i always cap entire stream inc pat so that could be it.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:44 pm

We will check it soon, at least to make DD recognize the pid , even though it probably won't be able to play it.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
mrchisholm
Not too shy to talk

Postby mrchisholm » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:12 am

no, i don't think there is any free or pay codec avalible for dolby-e yet, maybe there never will be but u can always hope :)
feedfreak
Just popping in

Postby feedfreak » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:04 am

no, i don't think there is any free or pay codec avalible for dolby-e yet, maybe there never will be but u can always hope :)
think the guy responsible for ffmpeg has it done but is holding out for $ :(

Return to “General”