Uninstall changes

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Dreamer

Uninstall changes

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm testing DD and I have to maintain 3 DD installations for the 3 DVB tuners, right now I needed to re-install DD several times per day, so the new system is very annoying...

...I mean two changes:

1. When uninstalling, all files are removed - incl. settings, channel list... This is quite danger, not for me, I have the backups, but for other users.

2. When I uninstalled installation 3, also the installation 1 has been uninstalled, why?

It's just more work for beta testers...

Dreamer
rel
relocation

Re: Uninstall changes

Postby rel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:53 pm

umm , yea. DD have to delete settings.cfg and some older modules to keep stable work for a possible reinstallation.
But yea no need to delete chlist.chl probably.

Maybe installer (Inno) keeps data for only one installation I am not sure what caused to delete first instalaltion as well there.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Also the settings?

Regarding the multiple installations, When I install DD to 2 different folders and then uninstall it in one folder, it is uninstalled from the other folder too.
Dreamer
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Also the settings?

Regarding the multiple installations, When I install DD to 2 different folders and then uninstall it in one folder, it is uninstalled from the other folder too.
Settings should be deleted unfortunately. to eliminate some problems, that lets user to reconfigure if he/she had problems because of bad configuration.
DD can keep channel list and plugins though

I will look into that, 2 different folders at the same time uninstalling, sounds weird
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”