EPG+ and DVBEPG

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

sixersclt
Just can't stay away

EPG+ and DVBEPG

Postby sixersclt » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:04 am

I like the new epg+, thank you for coding it. I like that the scheduler works. I like the link to imdb. Things that might make it better:

1 - I can not find any search function

2 - no matter what I do, it will not go past about 30k events or roughly 4 hours into the future. I have changed the look ahead time in the preferences EPG and selected always search in preferences. DVBEPG populates for days, well over 300,000 events on the same transponder while EPG+ stops at 30,000.

3 - could there be an option for the scheduler to do minutes, example 118 minutes, instead of 1 hour 58 minutes?

DVBEPG is more quirky, it does find the HD channels, won't schedule and it also has to be on a certain channel to see channels around it. I've lived with it forever and just accept it's short comings and have learned the work arounds.

Is it possible for both EPG+ and DVBEPG to coexist on the same install? If so, how would I configure that since they both use F9? Then I could use DVBEPG to see days out and EPG+ to schedule it.

Thanks

DvbDream - The Solution!
rel
relocation

Re: EPG+ and DVBEPG

Postby rel » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:58 am

2 - no matter what I do, it will not go past about 30k events or roughly 4 hours into the future. I have changed the look ahead time in the preferences EPG and selected always search in preferences. DVBEPG populates for days, well over 300,000 events on the same transponder while EPG+ stops at 30,000.
It might need a DD restart after changing those options in preferences , but I'll check maybe there is some bug. "Always" option should normally work.
If there is a bug, here is a work around: Try adding channels to favorites, to see if it starts to populate 9 days..
Following transponders have EPG streams which are tested by some another NA user without problem.
119w 12486 v 20000
91w - 12224 (EPG2 channel)

I'll see what I can do for other things, adding them to to-do list.

Thanks for testing.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
sixersclt
Just can't stay away

Re: EPG+ and DVBEPG

Postby sixersclt » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:26 am

I tested it on 12486 20000.

1 - with no favorites, same result as previously posted

2 - added a few to favorites, restarted, same result

3 - added few to favorites, set always in options, restarted. Some channels get more than 4 hours, most do not. It ran up to 100k plus events. CPU around 60%, but video and audio unwatchable while it captures events. Most times it then crashes but does not leave a log in W7.

I take it is not possible, at least I was not successful, using DVBEPG with 2.2b? DVBEPG populates for many days on same transponder.

I tried to download 2.2 from user area and I get a 404 file not found error.

Thanks
DvbDream - The Solution!

Return to “General”