Dolby-E again

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

mrchisholm
Not too shy to talk

Dolby-E again

Postby mrchisholm » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:39 am

As dvbdream now can recognize the dolby-e pid i figured i'd try some things out.

whenever you select the dolby pid in channel properties and try to view the channel u get a few frames then it stops and the video buffer fills up then goes back to zero and u get a few new frames and so on.. ok so a friend of mine and myself got ourselves one of these: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/professional ... dp572.html.

With the use of reclock filter as the audio renderer you can bitstream the dolby audio through SPDIF to the decoder and we have it working in graphedit and in dvbviewer with mpc as streaming client but i would love to get it working ok in dvbdream since it's my main dvbapp, i'm not technical enough to know what is making dvbdream choke when selecting the dolby pid but since it works ok in graphedit i would think it's not a huge thing to get working in dvbdream aswell.

if i got this working dvbdream would be the only player i would need for my playback

Regards

rel
relocation

Re: Dolby-E again

Postby rel » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:46 am

I'm not sure how to help. DD requires a software codec there for Dolby-E. You can stream from DD to VLC while in DD in renderless mode. then you can use VLC to stream to anything else, if it is of any use. I am not sure how that hardware decoder gets input, but you must figure out that part. Or one would have to write a re-streaming module for DD to meet that special graph / reclock filter requirements. Can you attach a screen shot from graph edit?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
mrchisholm
Not too shy to talk

Postby mrchisholm » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:29 am

Hi

Yes it works if streamed to MPC with lav filter splitter, hence my other topic on getting streaming to MPC work again in dvbdream. Obviously wud rather have it working in dvbdream itself.
Will try get a screenshot of the graph for you.
more2read

Postby more2read » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 am

Here is a working graph for DolbyE audio to external decoder
Using Lav Splitter
Streaming from TSReader via http (vlc format) to Graphstudio
Reclock is a requirement for proper timing to external decoder via spdif connection.
To me, the problem seems that DVB Apps need the audio format specified as MPEG, AC3, AAC.
For DolbyE to pass correctly, it needs to be bitstreamed unmolested.
Attachments
DolbyEGraph2.jpg
DolbyEGraph2.jpg (65.97 KiB) Viewed 6342 times

Return to “General”