Audio Renderer problem?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

rshack
Not too shy to talk

Audio Renderer problem?

Postby rshack » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am

Don't now if this is a bug or not so wasn't sure where to place it?

My problem is that if the computer turns on before the Monitor (connected via HDMI) is on, then DVBDream will complain that it "cannot create audio renderer". I have to close the program and re-open and all is fine...

Is there anyway to get DD to work with the monitor off? The main problem is that WMC is waking the computer for scheduled recordings and since the monitor/tv is off, the error pops up and nothings get recorded.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks :mrgreen:

rel
relocation

Re: Audio Renderer problem?

Postby rel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 am

ofcourse.
create a desktop shorcut to DVB Dream, then change shorcut properties add "/renderless" switch to parameters.
This should work, or you can simply select Null renderers for both Video and Audio (for all types)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
rshack
Not too shy to talk

Postby rshack » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 pm

ofcourse.
create a desktop shorcut to DVB Dream, then change shorcut properties add "/renderless" switch to parameters.
This should work, or you can simply select Null renderers for both Video and Audio (for all types)
Wow! I didn't know it was this easy. I'm assuming the video/audio will still work through Media Center?
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:42 pm

ofcourse.
Wow! I didn't know it was this easy. I'm assuming the video/audio will still work through Media Center?
yea, but I assume you use DVB bridge module.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
rshack
Not too shy to talk

Postby rshack » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 pm

ofcourse.
yea, but I assume you use DVB bridge module.
Correct. I just set all of the renderers I could to "Null" and still get audio/video through WMC. Will test some more and makes sure I no longer get the "cannot create audio renderer" error. Thanks rel!

Return to “General”