DD pause after UAC prompt and DirectShow refresh

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Viewfinder
Not too shy to talk

DD pause after UAC prompt and DirectShow refresh

Postby Viewfinder » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:32 pm

OK, in danger of sounding like Columbo, just one more thing and then I'm good to go!

I've done a search through the forum, looked through the FAQs and also external sites but no suitable matches. Only UAC query I found was DVBLink which I don't use and doesn't apply.

Is it normal when watching a programme and something triggers a UAC prompt, is it normal for DD / DirectShow to pause and reload / re-initialize? By this, I mean the the video screen goes black until the two bars on the bottom right (not the signal bars but the two MPEG-2 bars) start up again. Not sure if they're buffer or cache bars?

At the same time, any PIP windows that were running remain still after the UAC and I have to reopen / refresh the PIP channel.

Hope its not a silly question but have had a good search!

rel
relocation

Re: DD pause after UAC prompt and DirectShow refresh

Postby rel » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 am

yea, they are video audio buffersr, probably something in Windows prevents directshow filters/codecs get data during UAC prompt, that is why problem happens. Currently nothing to do about that, except disabling UAC.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Viewfinder
Not too shy to talk

Re: DD pause after UAC prompt and DirectShow refresh

Postby Viewfinder » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:52 am

Many thanks again Rel!

Return to “General”