Dvbdream crashes when set recordings start

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

adamf154
Just can't stay away

Dvbdream crashes when set recordings start

Postby adamf154 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi, i have just put a new hard drive in my pc with windows 7 x64 and i have installed dvbdream and everything seems ok but when i have scheduled recordings ready to start, it crashes with the blue screen of death, i have exactly the same running on another pc and it works great.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why its doing it on one pc and not the other

rel
relocation

Re: Dvbdream crashes when set recordings start

Postby rel » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:46 am

blue screen of death - looks like driver or hardware related issue. Might be graphic adapter card drivers as well. Try disabling hardware acceleration in video codecs(h264 and mpeg2)
Make sure you use up to date drivers for your dvb card.

Though if it only happens when you schedule records, that sounds weird. Does it happen at the exact time when the recording should start?

Attach your log files here please, from the log folder where DVB Dream installed, taken right after restart (after BSOD)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:35 am

Ok it happened again this morning, so i have attached the log files, i only noticed it last night when i had scheduled recordings, i tried other tests and they seemed to work but i had it on for about 6 mins this morning and it crashed and it wasn't recording or anything.

The pc is exactly the same as the friday when it was working fine just a new hard drive, and windows 64 bit, i was using 32 bit until yesterday
Attachments
dvbdream.log
(99.2 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
bdaext.log
(145 Bytes) Downloaded 325 times
bda.log
(10.59 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:58 pm

VideoMate 64 bit drivers might be buggy.

I am not sure if this would help, but you can give a try to another DD device interface. Maybe it would work nicer with Videomate possibly buggy driver.
You can find this alternative DD BDA device interface here: it is called BDA_ALL, place BDA_ALL.dev file into \devices folder where you installed DVB Dream. In this thread in the second page , it is the latest version of this interface.
http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1181

Still graphics card / selected codecs can be issue since the last line on your log file points to the point where DD resets directshow (video subsystem) because of a channel stream format change. Codecs that "Storm" channel needs might be causing problem.

For BSOD , drivers will be culprit most likely.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
adamf154
Just can't stay away

Postby adamf154 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Thanks for the reply, i think it was down to windows 7 64 and ram, i had to install windows xp as my windows 7 disk doesn't boot for some reason, and i had to remove 2 gb of ram to get xp on, then i put 7 on but when i put the ram back in something happened and it got fried and doesn't work anymore so ive only got 2gb of ram at moment, when the bsod death came again it was a page fault in non paged area which is most likely a ram problem, so i changed the ram to a different slot incase the 1st two were damaged due to the fried ram and i also went back to windows 32, so im in the process of checking things out just now, so ill get a proper check done tomorrow.

I think windows 7 and 2gb of ram aren't really that good a combo, i dont need to use windows 64, i just thought i would be uptodate, but ill just leave it at 32 for now and hopefully things will work out

Return to “General”