Manual Codec Installation

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

tvro1964
Not too shy to talk

Manual Codec Installation

Postby tvro1964 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 pm

I am installing DVB Dream in a new to me PC under WIN7 Ultimate and for some odd reason, I am not getting any new codecs I've installed to show in DVB Dream when I scan for them.
I don't recall ever running into this problem before on installations. Is there a tutorial or similar that describes the manual install method? My search only yielded one similar scenario but no instructions. I get the error that a compatible video decoder is installed and a graph could not be created. I have tried all the combinations of the available choices and it doesn't change the outcome. I have attached a photo for reference to the problem I am having. Pardon the lack of expertise on this but I have never had a problem with DVB Dream installing any codecs I add before.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Wayne
Attachments
dvdd.PNG
dvdd.PNG (41.79 KiB) Viewed 9601 times

Best Regards,

Wayne Thomas
rel
relocation

Re: Manual Codec Installation

Postby rel » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:06 am

Change all of "Video Codec. Audio Codec, Video Renderer, Audio Renderer" one by one. I think Audio renderer or Video REnderrer cause the problem. After changing to another one, Red color/error should go. If you have HD streams change H.264 codec too if it still fails.
Codecs can be added to list manually by using codecs.ini file in DVB Dream folder where you installed it (it can be called guids.ini depending on your DD version) You need to add codec class IDs to this file. I attach an utility tool to learn class IDs of the installed codecs on Windows.

Here is a complete codecs package you can use on DVB Dream :
https://mir.cr/ZJ9PIDBS

Make sure you restart DVB Dream after installing codecs.
Attachments
DSFMgr.exe
(269 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
tvro1964
Not too shy to talk

Re: Manual Codec Installation

Postby tvro1964 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:58 am

That did it! Working fine now.
Thanks for the quick help!

Wt
Best Regards,