Recording Engine creating bad TS files

oldest posts, i.e. the issues probably dont exists or not valid anymore for the up-to-date DD version. Please let us know if the problems still exist.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB

Asskick

Recording Engine creating bad TS files

Postby Asskick » Tue May 06, 2008 9:26 am

Ok heres the main problem I have. I currently use DVBDream with a network encoder that supports H264 which sends the stream to my Media Center (SageTV). Im testing with signal from charlie with a Genpix Skywalker unit, and the 'other' appropiete plugin. When that stream tries to be played on a media extender unit, the playback get a lot of choppy. Playback on the same computer is fine (I think its thou the software codecs being able to tolerate more this faults). So I tried to narrow down the problem.

I recorded content with TSReader and with DVBDream. Tried to play them back on the HD media extender unit. The ones created with TSReader played fine with no choppines at all, while the ones created with DVBDream stutters a lot. A further inspect into the TS files (I used a program calles TS Packet Editor) opened the TSReader stream file, and it loaded without a prob. Now if I open the stream that i recorded directly on DVBDream i get lotsa warnings, plus the pids doesnt get splited on the video and audio track. I attached a picture of my findings.

Specs:
DVBDream 1.4i
WinXP w/ SP2
Genpix Skywalker-1
SW41 - 110 , 119, 129

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Asskick on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skEwb
Just popping in

Postby skEwb » Fri May 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Bump, having same issue.
Genpix Skywalker-1
Windows XP SP3
Opteron Dual Core 2.6Ghz, 2Gb Ram
eVGA 8800GT Superclocked
Dish 1000 w/ DP34 Switch, DPPro LNBF
DVB Dream 1.4i
smartloom

Postby smartloom » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:03 am