1.2e Audio Skipping + Random Stopping

oldest posts, i.e. the issues probably dont exists or not valid anymore for the up-to-date DD version. Please let us know if the problems still exist.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB

electrofreak66

1.2e Audio Skipping + Random Stopping

Postby electrofreak66 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:38 am

What is happening is when listening to audio only stations a few minutes it will start to skip. The audio usually turns off for 2-3 seconds then comes back on. It does this routine 3-4 times then eventually stops all together. If I re-tune to the station by clicking on the same channel I am already on it comes back right away. My signal strength isn't the best but I doubt it's the problem because these same audio only channels work fine with other programs (no skipping at all). I prefer dvb dream because it takes up a lot less cpu than the others. I do not have any issues with regular video+audio channels, so this seems isolated to the audio only channels. After the audio stops all together, I notice in PID Statistics under demultiplexer status it starts to create a bunch of new handles for vpl** and there starts to be thousands of duplicates. The handles eventually top out at 128. When the audio stops playing for the 2-3 seconds it usually does I cannot find any evidence anywhere that can point to why it's happening. I have tried different stations and different mpeg decoder codecs too and it didn't help. I hope I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

Twinhan 1020A
Windows XP
sats 119/110
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:46 am

Are there continuity or stream errors increasing in Pid statistics? ("C.Err", "S.Err")

can you attach your dvbdream.log file please. (the file should be taken right after the problem appeared)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
electrofreak66

Postby electrofreak66 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:48 pm

The audio didn't completely shut off until 11:30:20 PM indiicated in the log as "[Auto reset md-plugin] re-try". I see it says something about channel change but I did not change the channel at all. The audio still intermittently turned off and on about 10 different times for a duration of about 5 seconds each time. There is no evidence of the intermittent issue in the log but there is some evidence of the audio completely stopping. There is a 0 for both "C.Err" and "S.Err" and my CPU never raised to more then 20% the whole time. Hopefully the log will help. I let it sit for a few minutes before capturing the log, just to see if the audio would turn on again. It never did turn back on by itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Twinhan 1020A
Windows XP
sats 119/110
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:11 am

Try to disable following option:

options->preferences->Plugin Interface
"Auto resend channel change event when channel is scrambled"

This option -warns- the plugin when channel cant be descrambled.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Rusty Posts”