Renderless Mode + Terminal Services = kernel32.dll fault

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

HillJack
Just popping in

Renderless Mode + Terminal Services = kernel32.dll fault

Postby HillJack » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:49 am

I am currently running DD 1.4h under Windows Server 2003 w/SP2. Other than what I am about to describe, everything works great!

What I (used to) do is login to Terminal Services and open DD with /renderlessmode=on and let it + em**ation do their thing. I do this because my main computer is in the basement and the HDTV is in the den (on the other side of the wall, so the PC output is VGA --> HDTV).

I'll do this in the morning before heading off to work without errors, then when I get home I'll open DD from the console... or atleast I try...

No error message, nothing updated in DD log file. Just that event in the Application event log. If I log on to the console with an admin account, I get DEP notice dialogs for each time DD was launched from the console (and failed). I've tried disabling DEP for DD but that makes no difference.

What I end up having to do is uninstall DD, delete the folder, and start again... Simply re-installing DD has no effect.

Am I missing something? When I run in renderless-mode, everything works as expected, except I'm in renderless-mode and get no video (which I expect, it is terminal services afterall).

The fault address of 0x0000bee7 is always the same. Always in kernel32.dll. Anti-virus is set to exclude c:\dvbdream from any kind of scanning.

Any ideas? I would provide more information, but really, that's all I have... DD logs are not update for the evening console session at all.

Windows Server 2003 w/SP2
nVidia 7600 GS --> Toshiba 42HP66
Genpix Skywalker-1
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:52 am

No error message, nothing updated in DD log file
oh well,
you must have already checked the file access rights, maybe the user account you login with doesn't have some rights on the system?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
HillJack
Just popping in

Postby HillJack » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:24 am

Yup. The console user that gets the fault is a Power User. Even under my own account (an admin account) it faults. The console user has been given Modify (full) access to the c:\dvbdream.

The Terminal Services session is run under an admin-account.

Oh, and I forgot to specify -- the evening console session, DD never actually loads. CPU usage goes up for a second or so, but then nothing... no dvbdream.exe running in processes, nothing. If it were not for the application fault in the event log, you would never know DD was executed.
Windows Server 2003 w/SP2
nVidia 7600 GS --> Toshiba 42HP66
Genpix Skywalker-1
saentist
love DVB Dream!

Postby saentist » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 pm

under terminal program run on remote Pc with acount but u'r remote sesion do'tn see it it's happen and with other programs
as you see and login screen saver is runed (if u have)
but your remote sesion doz not see this

use remote program with emulate real user VNC or some

it is M$ bug
Pinnacle PCTV-SAT, Twinhan VP1030 CI (yellow) & DVB-T MobiDTV Pro
Sappire X1950Pro 512Mb DDR3 256bit (AGP)
140 cm parabola with inverto 0.3dB SRT-V50 30E<->57W

Return to “Bug Reports”