Motor does not move with SkyStar2 rev2.6c

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Nazar
Just popping in

Motor does not move with SkyStar2 rev2.6c

Postby Nazar » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 am

My motor does not move, neither with RAW DiseqC nor with the positioner console.

I tried both B2C2 direct and B2C2 SDK options in Device dialogue in DVB Dream.
I am able to move my motor OK with MiBi DiseqC for SS2 v1.10, and with AltDVB 2.2 under Win XP 32 bit (but not under Win 7 x64). When I move the motor with them and scan a satellite with DVB Dream it works fine

I use SG2100.

I've been communicating about driving my motor with the author of SmartDVB (JackJavo), and, thanks to JackJavo's brilliant research into the subject we were able to get the motor moving with SmartDVB both under Win XP 32 bit and under Vista x64 via WDM drivers for SS2 v4.5. Here's a little info from JackJavo's e-mail that might shed some light onto the motor issues under DVB Dream. Hope it helps:
Still this rotor business is strange. The one i have here now i have tested it with a ss2 also it's a sg2100 as u have and i verified that it only moves by continually trying to tune after sending the diseqc command. This is also how your motor moves. When connected to the twinhan i have here it won´t move, probably because the bda tuning works differently as the wdm ss2. I now have another user with a hh120 (stab rework i think) and this rotor it seems will only move if i wait after it before trying to tune (it moves in the waiting period). Maybe this is why altdvb has this rotor type selection box as it looks like you need to handle specific rotors differently. Also come to think of it it could be that dvbdream works with a waiting period also as it works for that user, this would also explain why your rotor will not move with dvbdream as reloc probably doesn´t have a tuning mechanism working in the case of a sg2100.
For the motor to work under Win 7 x64 and Xin XP x32 with Smart DVB 1.5 I was given a modified version of Sky2PCAVSrc.ax by JackJavo. I attach it to this post. But the latest version of DVB Dream 1.5 does not move the motor either with the original or modified Sky2PCAVSrc.ax
Please try and do something about it!!!
Attachments
Sky2PCAVSrc.ax
(156 KiB) Downloaded 481 times

SS2 rev2.6c; TS WDM driver v4.5; SG2100 positioner; Win 7 x64
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat May 01, 2010 9:57 am

In upcoming v1.5a version, DD will support raw diseqc (means motor should also work) through B2C2 SDK interface.

also planning to add remote control support on this interface, but I need someone with remote-control to test with.

not planning to add support with modified drivers from now on. Mibi's or someone elses...
DD will support with what official drivers provide.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Nazar
Just popping in

Postby Nazar » Sun May 02, 2010 12:00 pm

In upcoming v1.5a version, DD will support raw diseqc (means motor should also work) through B2C2 SDK interface.
That's great news! Can't wait for it to happen!
also planning to add remote control support on this interface, but I need someone with remote-control to test with.
I do not have a remote for my SS2. At the time I bought it it wasn't bundled with remote, so I'm sorry I can't help you with testing... But I guess support for remote is much needed by many SS2 users. Would be great to have it...
not planning to add support with modified drivers from now on. Mibi's or someone elses...
DD will support with what official drivers provide.
Mibi's modified drivers only work for x86 OS versions. So they are not of much help with x64 OS. I just wonder if everything would work fine with original version of Sky2PCAVSrc.ax. Because I remember in SmartDVB JackJavo also added support for RAW DiSEqC based on official drivers, but the motor did not move for certain revisions of SS2 (including mine). And then he had to provide that modified version of Sky2PCAVSrc.ax, which solved the problem for me... But who knows, maybe you can make it work without any modifications :) That would be a breakthrough in SS2 support :)
Think of BDA DiSEqC support too :)
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun May 02, 2010 12:16 pm

That's great news! Can't wait for it to happen!
I am unable to test here ,
but added the support according to their documentation
rest is up to you and your card revision :-)
sorry, if it doesnt work. :?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Nazar
Just popping in

Postby Nazar » Sun May 02, 2010 3:05 pm

I am unable to test here ,
but added the support according to their documentation
rest is up to you and your card revision :-)
sorry, if it doesnt work. :?
Great job!!! Just tested v1.5a :) The result is as follows:
RAW DiSEqC works fine if the modified version of Sky2PCAVSrc.ax (uploaded above) is used. If the original version is used, the motor does not move :)
The positioner console does not seem to work as well, regardless of the version of Sky2PCAVSrc.ax. Entering RAW command into the field and pressing 'Send' in Positioner does not have any effect. The only thing which works is the RAW DiSEqC command under the corresponding tab in satellite properties.
For some reason when I switch between the channels from different satellites I have to click the new channel twice (the second time after the dish has already moved to a new position). Otherwise the screen remains black after the dish has moved. This is not the case when switching between the same satellite channels. Why so?
Also, I tried to use the DD USALS algorithm in Positioner for calculating the RAW DiSEqC commands which I insert into the RAW DiSEqC Tab under satellite properties, and it seems this algorithm provides wrong DiSEqC values. GoTo Angle command does not work as well. So I had to copy the DiSEqC commands from AltDVB (which does not work with SS2 under x64 OS) :) Luckily they seem to work in DD under x64 after that :)
Hope you'll be able to fix some of the above. GoTo Angle is very useful, maybe you could just implement this one at least to work correctly :) And something to avoid the necessity to click the channel for the second time after the dish has moved...

Return to “Bug Reports”