Technisat SkyStar 2 PCI E - BDA service not starting

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

ziggy
Just popping in

Technisat SkyStar 2 PCI E - BDA service not starting

Postby ziggy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:23 pm

The Technisat SkyStar 2 PCI E card is a replacement to a TBS PCI E HD card which failed and brought my PC into a complete stand still. - Running the software which came with new card PROG DVB works to a certain degree but when I use my registered DVBDream software the program indicates the BDA service is not starting. In services I can only see a PROG DV scheduler which i stop but makes no difference. I have installed to the latest ver of Dream and still get problem.

Can anyone advise please?

Ziggy

rel
relocation

Re: Technisat SkyStar 2 PCI E - BDA service not starting

Postby rel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 am

attach your bda.log and dvbdream.log files here please

you can take them from the folder where you installed DVB Dream, bda.log will be inside the \devices sub folder and dvbdream.log inside the root folder
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
ziggy
Just popping in

Postby ziggy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:40 pm

dvbdream.log and bda.log files attached.

Thanks
Z
Attachments
dvbdream.log
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
bda.log
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:50 am

I think you are trying DVB Dream limited OEM version for TBS on another brand card. That is simply not allowed.
You can download and try with the latest version of DVB Dream from this site. If there is still problem just attach the log files from the new version. I need the log files from the latest version to help you.
ziggy
Just popping in

Postby ziggy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:38 pm

I think you are trying DVB Dream limited OEM version for TBS on another brand card. That is simply not allowed.
You can download and try with the latest version of DVB Dream from this site. If there is still problem just attach the log files from the new version. I need the log files from the latest version to help you.
:roll: Thanks for your help but.....!!!!! this is a payed for downloaded copy of DVB Dream direct from their website. The TBS card used was shipped with PROG DVB, not DVB Dream so there is no chance of it being OEM ver.

Each time I receive notificaion of an update, I always rename the existing dvdream folder and do clean install, only copying over the channel list. The log that I sent you is from the v2.1a version.

Could it not be that the programmer has not considered/not built in contingency as to what would happen if a PCI E card was switched to a different make card, particulary after the PC failed to start after the TBS card failure... possible registry damage etc.

Have included two images which might help. thanks...
Attachments
Image2a.jpg
showing basic settings in the PROG DVB software- working.
Image2a.jpg (503.74 KiB) Viewed 15817 times
Image1a.jpg
Indicating ver installed and recognised BDA card
Image1a.jpg (408.39 KiB) Viewed 15817 times
ziggy
Just popping in

Postby ziggy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi

More info. sending logs for today. BDA log file now reports Technisat card but no change to DBV Dream working :( . Do not know what is going on. Help Please...
Attachments
dvbdream.log
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
bda.log
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:39 pm

logs are better now.
you get the following problem according to log file.
"WARNING: Satellite is not defined !"
You need to add sat 28.5° E in diseqc dialog. (main menu->options->diseqc) If satellite is not defined , it won't try to tune.

Log files otherwise look ok. Maybe diseqc switch ports (other than the first one) won't work on your new card if it doesn't support MS standard BDA functions. We need more info for that, Technisat doesn't reply emails for questions .. If you can get info related to BDA extensions (programming info / SDK for BDA) from them for 3rd party programs as their client, we would be happy to add support. Read the text in this page http://www.dvbdream.org/supported_devices.php
ziggy
Just popping in

Postby ziggy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:29 pm

"WARNING: Satellite is not defined !"
You need to add sat 28.5° E in diseqc dialog. (main menu->options->diseqc) If satellite is not defined , it won't try to tune.

Log files otherwise look ok. Maybe diseqc switch ports (other than the first one) won't work on your new card if it doesn't support MS standard BDA functions. We need more info for that, Technisat doesn't reply emails for questions .. If you can get info related to BDA extensions (programming info / SDK for BDA) from them for 3rd party programs as their client, we would be happy to add support. Read the text in this page http://www.dvbdream.org/supported_devices.php
Hi, It is not the 28.3E that is causing problem. Probably problem is what you suggested in your last comment. Have contacted Technisat and have fobbed me off with email below:

Their DVB-Viewer TE 2 is absolutely rubbish! No proper support diseqc and cannot see any support for HD either.

don't know how to respond to their comments but I guess I am stuck... if there is any info/files I can pull off relating to the card to help you ... thats no problem. Let me know if there are any developments on the BDA support for this device. Thanks.
We recommend to use all our pc-products only with the supplied software (DVB-Viewer TE 2). Only with original Technisat-software we can guarantee a proper funktion.
Please note, that we can’t give any support using thirdpartysoftware such as ProgDVB, DVBViewer Pro, etc.

We are sorry not being able to give you a more positive information.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:21 am

don't know how to respond to their comments but I guess I am stuck... if there is any info/files I can pull off relating to the card to help you ... thats no problem. Let me know if there are any developments on the BDA support for this device. Thanks.
We recommend to use all our pc-products only with the supplied software (DVB-Viewer TE 2). Only with original Technisat-software we can guarantee a proper funktion.
Please note, that we can’t give any support using thirdpartysoftware such as ProgDVB, DVBViewer Pro, etc.
Ask them you are in contact with DVB Dream developper. and tell them we need info about BDA extensions / property sets to use diseqc and remote control functions that weren't supported by Microsoft standard BDA interfaces. Their drivers have those extensions since some other 3rd party work fine. Tell them if they can talk to their engineers who wrote drivers and simply ask for this information. it will be a simple answer. Tell them if you can get the info , you will give it to DVB Dream developpers. Then I will fix the problem easily.
ziggy
Just popping in

Postby ziggy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Ask them you are in contact with DVB Dream developper. and tell them we need info about BDA extensions / property sets to use diseqc and remote control functions that weren't supported by Microsoft standard BDA interfaces. Their drivers have those extensions since some other 3rd party work fine. Tell them if they can talk to their engineers who wrote drivers and simply ask for this information. it will be a simple answer. Tell them if you can get the info , you will give it to DVB Dream developpers. Then I will fix the problem easily.
Have been in contact with the suppliers again. Their reply:
Please note, that Skystar 2 eXpress HD can manage only 4 satellites. You also can't use a motor driven satellit dish. (no DiseqC 1.2). Skystar should always connected with pc's power-supply by provided connector.
I have already stated it is only multi LNB config. Say no more... BUT... as they are so insistent on people using their software... I am, at every turn having problems with this software and reporting it. This software is so bad I cannot believe people are using it at all...they are probably not...thats why no one reporting bugs!

With this approach they might give in to providing the info you need. 8)

I will take your approach if I still get the same attitude.

Return to “Bug Reports”