2.2b - Timeshift issue

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Dreamer

2.2b - Timeshift issue

Postby Dreamer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Timeshift works much better, but still not perfect.

I suspect the problem might be caused when using RAM and all the RAM is used and it should be "moving" - old record should be deleted and and the new created. I need to test more to confirm this.

Here is the video with the broken record, it's even worse most of the time, live.

Hardware: CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz, RAM 4GB, GPU GeForce 8800GT 512MB, Audio X-Fi Titanium, HDD1 WD 640GB, HDD2 WD 640GB, DVB-S2 tuner Skystar HD2, DVB-S tuner SkyStar 2 r2.3, DVB-T tuner USB Evolve Mars, Audio Creative Inspire T5400, Monitor Samsung 215TW 21"...
Software: OS Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2, DirectX 10, ForceWare 285.62, IE9, AIMP, Ashampoo Burning Studio, Avant Browser Ultimate USB, avast! Antivirus, AviDemux, Comodo Firewall, CyberLink PowerDirector, DVB Dream, FFDShow, Foxit Reader, FreeCommander, HotkeyP, IZArc, Media Player Classic, OpenOffice.org, Orca Browser, Photofiltre, PSPad Editor, PTBSync, Skype, Spybot, TeamViewer, Trillian, TrueCrypt, VirtualDub, VLC, Xnview, ZipGenius...
Attachments
TV JOJ Bud - hviezda bejzbalu 20121015_144153 #1.ts
(7.22 MiB) Downloaded 403 times

Dreamer
rel
relocation

Re: 2.2b - Timeshift issue

Postby rel » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:12 pm

Do you have packet losses more than 5 when timeshift disabled and watched for lets say 1 hour ?
And does it get packet losses more when timeshift is enabled ?
Main Menu->Analysis->Info Bar "Packet Losses"

Problem only happens on some certain channels? or when CPU usage gets high because of some another operation on computer ?
Do you see red/blue bars increased too much during the problem ? (A/V buffer)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 pm

I need to test more to give you more info, right now recording 2 channels at once, for 2 hours, packet losses are 50.

When watching live, while timeshift is enabled but not used, or recording, it's OK, no such problems, even several hours.

Perhaps important, when playing the record in VLC, when seeking, I can see such things like on video quite ofthen, only when seeking, when I rewind and play the same part, it's OK.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:43 pm

OK, now testing with Skystar HD2, I found another problem.

To reproduce use RAM timeshift, pause the program for several minutes, then play, few times, then switch to fullscreen and back few times. DD is freezing when switching to fullscreen, it takes several seconds.

Still needs more time...
Dreamer

Return to “Bug Reports”