2.2v - Timeshift vs channel change

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Dreamer

2.2v - Timeshift vs channel change

Postby Dreamer » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 am

Since the searching doesn't work good, I couldn't find the old topic...

I'm using VLC for playing the video which is recording in DD and I'm using left/right keys to rewind/forward. Now I'm testing timeshift in DD and it works much better, but when I use the keys left/right, it switch the channel (I have changed the function to these keys, but it doesn't matter, even up/down are used in VLC to control volume, so it would switch the channel anyway).

So the problem is, that if timeshift is active and the position is not "live", it should show the confirm dialog with the message the timeshift record will be lost.

There are more possibilities, but I'll start the new topic in the suggestions...

Dreamer
rel
relocation

Re: 2.2v - Timeshift vs channel change

Postby rel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:15 am

ahh, next version will have the warning message.
maybe need to think of some keyboard shorcuts as well for timeshift.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
Dreamer

Re: 2.2v - Timeshift vs channel change

Postby Dreamer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks. This warning should be active only if the time is not live and perhaps there should be some tolerance 30 or 60 seconds.

Regarding the shortcuts, you are right, it's quite unusable without these. Here is the topic with my suggestions:

http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=553

I have updated the topic, added new shortcuts.
Dreamer

Return to “Bug Reports”