LAN Streaming at the same TP

Suggestions and ideas for future versions

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Dreamer

LAN Streaming at the same TP

Postby Dreamer » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:07 am

LAN streaming works good, but when I change a channel, picture is lost and other side have to restart VLC, maybe it's just wrong option, so please let me know then.

I plan to buy Airstar2 card, I hope it will be working with the Skystar2 card at the same time, I'll start a new topic in General section about it.

Now my suggestion - I'd like to be able to switch a channel on the first computer and also on the second one - independently.

It is already possible, partially, I can use PIP, but it's not very convenient, since a channel(s) can be switched only on first computer and PIP is closed then, also I have to close PIP and open another to switch channel on the first computer.

There is just 1 multiplex (frequency) here yet (it's just test transmission), so 1 card will be enough for now.

Probably it's not easy to implement, so any suggestions are welcomed, here is my:

1. stream whole TP, but I'm not sure how VLC would switch between channels

2. add ability to also receive data, then DD could be used also on the other computer, but it will be able only to receive data, there could be just available channels visible

3. same as #2, but all channels will be shown, channels from the same TP with different color, then it will be possible to switch between all channels - also from this computer, but small feature to lock this ability on the first computer / DD would be needed then

Dreamer
tklandmark

VLC loses connection...

Postby tklandmark » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:00 am

VLC seems to lose the connection during channel switching (sometimes only).

However this happens with Terratec Home Cinema (as a sender) as well, so it might not be related to the sender side.

Anyhow, ideas are welcome
Best regards
tklandmark
Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity
Windows XP SP2
Dreamer

Re: LAN Streaming at the same TP

Postby Dreamer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:36 am

This is already possible, but only if all channels are opened in PIP windows and it's not very stable.
Dreamer
hema-star
Just can't stay away

Problem

Postby hema-star » Thu May 31, 2007 6:33 am

the streaming limit is just 1200 KB so thats almost 3 channels no more , so I can't open more than 3 channels becouse the VLC will not be able to view them
:D
I Hope you can add anothr thing to view all the channels on the client computer
Best Regards :)
my card is K-World BDA,
the reception to the channels I need is good,
hema-star
Just can't stay away

Re: LAN Streaming at the same TP

Postby hema-star » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:02 pm

This is already possible, but only if all channels are opened in PIP windows and it's not very stable.
its not Possible because it just stream the channels with out EPG or Teletext or all pids sounds or the subtitles.

so I really hope that it could be ability for streaming the whole TP

Best Regards :)

Return to “Feature Requests”