A few suggestions (long)

The posts related to fixed bugs & old feature requests will be moved to here.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

SIMJEDI
Just popping in

A few suggestions (long)

Postby SIMJEDI » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:13 pm

It would be nice to be able to have a separate video window and channel changing window that is undocked from one another.

Also make it possible that you can turn off the video window completely that it wouldnt conflict with other video viewing programs.
I have a unique setup in that I have a Sigma Designs X-Card and a PMS PDI Deluxe capture card, the PMS card is connected to the X-Card via a PDI cable. I am able to view something that is decoded by the X-Card with the viewing program DScaler via a ribbon cable inbetween the two. I am unable to view things in DScaler while Dream is running. It would be very nice if I could use the X-Card to do the .mpeg decoding while watching it in DScaler, making this suggestion so would allow that.

I would also make a suggestion for a simpler Graphfilter setup. Take a look at ZoomPlayer and how they implement the filters. No need for using Graphedit at all as the player builds them internally. You can scan all decoders installed and simply select them from a list. I have the X-Card installed and Dream is not reading the decoder card at all.

Thank you for this wonderful program, it simply is the best out there IMO.

peace

FredB
love DVB Dream!

Re: A few suggestions (long)

Postby FredB » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:07 pm

I would also make a suggestion for a simpler Graphfilter setup. Take a look at ZoomPlayer and how they implement the filters. No need for using Graphedit at all as the player builds them internally. You can scan all decoders installed and simply select them from a list. I have the X-Card installed and Dream is not reading the decoder card at all.
DD already builds automatic graphs so no need to build them manually with GraphEdit !?!

In order to make X-Card available with DD, you need to edit the Guids.ini file located in DD root folder (to do so you need to know the CLSID of this decoder)
Forum PCTVSat : http://pctvsat.free.fr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinnacle PCTV Sat + Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S / Athlon 64 3500+ - 2048 Mb DDR - GeForce 7900 GS
Twinhan Vision Plus 1030A + Asus Europa II Hybrid / PIV D920 2x2.8 Ghz - 2048 Mb DDR2 - GeForce 7600 GS
PCTV Sat Pro PCI (PCTV 450i) + DVICO Fusion HDTV USB / Athlon XP 3200+ - 1024 Mb DDR - GeForce 6600GT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Collective installation with 2 LNB Quad and multiswitches DiseqC - LNB A = Astra 19.2°E - LNB B = Hotbird 13.0°E - Commutation = 13V/18V/22K + DiseqC 2.0
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:38 pm

Please read the forum rules before posting - "...one thread per bug/feature request..." It would be really hard to reply this way.

Create a new topic for each request please. And don't forget to read the forum rules: "Do not duplicate feature requests or bugs. Search in the forum before posting!".

Locked.
Dreamer

Return to “Old bug reports & requests”