A bunch of weird problems

The posts related to fixed bugs & old feature requests will be moved to here.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

mastermesh
Just popping in

A bunch of weird problems

Postby mastermesh » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:47 pm

Everything was going fine with my DVB World Box and I was using DVB Dream as a PVR... Then someone on another forum suggested that I try TS Reader. Well, the TS Reader doesn't seem to play well with the DVB World Box... and screwed things up. Now, I'm starting to get things back to normal, but now DVB Dream seems a little odd...

I uninstalled TS Reader, wiped all registry entries to TS Reader, and reinstalled DVB World Box and it's driver off of the cd that it came with.

That took some doing since DVB World Box keps wanting the special TS Reader Driver when found hardware wizard came up. I finally got it to work, but now other things are amiss...

Now, things seem to be going weird and DVB Dream is spazzing out on me. For some reason scheduled recordings seem to work only if DVB Dream is not set in renderless mode and is not set to minimize to system tray. Also it seem fta tv stations play fine for a while for a couple of minutes and then all of a sudden freeze up and stay that way. I am totally clueless what the heck is going on. If I set the recording to minimize to system tray, the icon down in system tray is there but right clicking on it doesn't bring up the options to Show, Record On/Off, Mute, Exit, like normal. These options do show up when I'm not in a recording... when they dissappear, the grey box shows up, but there's no words inside and nothing to select. I've got no idea what the heck is up with that. Only way I've figued to turn off dvb dream when it does that is the 3 finger salute (alt+ctrl+delete - end task).

When DVB Dream was working with renderless/minimized mode before I started messing with ts reader all was fine and worked well. It seemed like after the ts reader when recording in renderless/minimized mode it would start an mpg recording but stay at 0 kb for some reason. I think it may be something in scheduler that was causing that?

I'm using Elecard Video Codec, Intervideo Audio Codec, Video Mixing Renderer 9 Video Renderer, Default DirectSound Device Audio Renderer, ATI MPEG Vid Dec H.264 Codec, and the dish is pointed at G10R at the moment.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or something weird that I never noticed before that I should have... in scheduler now, over in the duration column instead of just listing times in hours:minutes:seconds format it's showing hours:minutes:seconds + AM - weird. I'm not sure if that AM showed up prior to this whole mess...

When I set scheduled recordings to not be minimized and not be renderless mode things are ok... but since I only have a 1.5ghz machine with 512 mb of ram, I'd prefer to do minimized and renderless if at all possible since cpu usage is maxed out.

DVB World USB Box (for FTA)
DVB Dream 1.3
ATI All In Wonder 9000 Pro (for OTA)
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:00 am

hope it is ok now ?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Old bug reports & requests”