Remote Plugin, Channel Commands

Module API help / support section for programmers.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

BhaaL
Just popping in

Remote Plugin, Channel Commands

Postby BhaaL » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:06 pm

Greetings!

I recently discovered DVB Dream as my new DVB-S Software of choice, as it is far more stable than ProgDVB. Yet it has some features missing, but as coder, it wont be that much of a problem. Altho I encountered some obstacles on my way.

I am currently trying to write a Module for DD that uses the WinTV bundled DLL irremote.dll to read input from WinTV remotes (as the one from my Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S-Plus) that have the IR Sensor attached to the PCI card. The basic interface works already, hitting the Power button on remote closes DD. However:

I've looked thru the API (recent version, API 1.7 for DD 1.3c), and noticed there is a message handle for remote calls (namely WM_REMOTE_MSG). Looking thru the defined Keys, I did not find anything that lets me simply switch up/down one channel.

Is there any way to "simply" switch to the next/previous channel, without having to query DD for the current channel number, doing some mad maths (heh ;)) and sending another message with SET_CHANNEL_BY_CHNO?

Regards,
BhaaL

Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S-Plus PCI on Windoze XP Professional; AMD Athlon X2 4600+, 2 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 7900 GT

Return to “Module / Plugin Programming”