How to get decrypted stream

Module API help / support section for programmers.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

aeonie

How to get decrypted stream

Postby aeonie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:58 am

Hi.
There is a MD-API plugin called dserver which allows to get audio streams of the selected pid via network. For example, you can specify a url in your browser like http://127.0.0.1:31341/PID where PID is the hex number of the audio stream.
The plugin uses MD-API MDAPI_START_FILTER message to define the PIDS it wants to receive. But it always receives encrypted stream in the filter callback function in DVBDream and AltDVB. It only works in ProgDVB, where MDAPI plugins can get already decrypted stream I believe.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is it possible for DVBDream plugins (MDAPI or DVBDream module) to receive the stream of the selected PID _after_ it has been decrypted?
2. Is it possible to receive only PES payload without PES headers?

I want to write a plugin that could be able to send any number of audio streams of the current transponder to Shoutcast/Icecast server so listeners can connect and listen to them over the network.

Thanks.

SkyStar2/rev2.3/Driver 4.4.0
rel
relocation

Re: How to get decrypted stream

Postby rel » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:36 am

hi
1. Is it possible for DVBDream plugins (MDAPI or DVBDream module) to receive the stream of the selected PID _after_ it has been decrypted?
it already does so. check your configuration for the certain plugins
no. but you can simply do that in the filter callback. take a simple look at MPEG-2 PES structure.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
aeonie

Re: How to get decrypted stream

Postby aeonie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:47 pm

it already does so. check your configuration for the certain plugins
Yes, I see now, thanks. Dgrabber server receives the descrambled stream exactly as it does with ProgDVB.
Another question, though. How a plugin can recieve the descrambled audio stream of a non-current channel of the same transponder? I had to open a PIP window and tune it to the target channel for that. Is there a way for a plugin to make DD activate descrambling for a certain channel on the same transponder?
no. but you can simply do that in the filter callback. take a simple look at MPEG-2 PES structure.
I've found the following filter types in the SDK:

Code: Select all

FT_SECTION = $03; {Section filter, allows bit masks for filtering by header}
FT_SECTION_BUFFER = $04; {Same as above but it doesn't call a callback, fills
a buffer instead. Runs once. In other words, automatically stopped after
one section buffered}
FT_PES = $05;
Can you please explain what they do?
Doesn't FT_PES filter deliver only the payload of PES packets?
SkyStar2/rev2.3/Driver 4.4.0
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:29 pm

I had to open a PIP window and tune it to the target channel for that. Is there a way for a plugin to make DD activate descrambling for a certain channel on the same transponder?
no
Can you please explain what they do?
Doesn't FT_PES filter deliver only the payload of PES packets?
PES filter delivers the PES complete packet. Section is for the complete sections (PSI tables)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Module / Plugin Programming”