EPG recording event name internal vs EPG under Module

Module API help / support section for programmers.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

bird44
Just popping in

EPG recording event name internal vs EPG under Module

Postby bird44 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:06 am

OK, I did some searching and could not find an answer to my question. So I figured I would post it. I will give the problem as I see it.

Using the EPG under Module on DRMT1 110deg I can get the full scedule of programs to load out to a couple days. I can schedule programs to record from the PF9 menu and DD starts the record just fine. But any program scheduled out past 2hrs will not have the program name on the recorded file. Looking into this more I see if I load the internal EPG for that channel it will then get the name on the file that is recorded. So I assume that even if the EPG under module and scheduled from PF9 menu starts the schedule recordings that the name for the file is being tagged from the internal EPG which if not loaded will be NOEVENT.

So my question is this, is there a way to point the file naming to the ext EPG vs the internal EPG?

The internal EPG and scheduler works OK, but I can only look at 1 channel at a time vs the PF9 menu, so maybe using the internal EPG can be improved, or is ther a way to use the internal EPG to have the view look like the PF9 menu where all channels can be scrolled through to schedule programs.

Many Thanks for any help on this, I have work arounds for all this, just a pain remember all of it. Last resort is to watch each recording and rename the programs, 1 or 2 is OK, but.....

Skywalker/1/Genpix

Return to “Module / Plugin Programming”