Who will and can make a small program for some sat friends.

Module API help / support section for programmers.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

Snuffer
love DVB Dream!

Who will and can make a small program for some sat friends.

Postby Snuffer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi

Me and some users have a Gregorian dish from FIBO this works with a 36 Volts motor and a puls genarator.
www.gregorian-users.com motor.
There is a part of hardware on the market today that we can control that motor by USB.
The program (thats free from the manufactor are not good to you for Sat.work and it looks simple for so far i can see.

Is there someone that can make a good programm so we can use this fantastic hardware???
I will pay for it i now it cost time so its not for free.

http://www.pc-control.co.uk/howto_motor.htm

On this site the programm is free for download.

perhaps a MOD so that it is in use with DD to??

Thanks in advance
Ron / Snuffer

Snuffer
love DVB Dream!

Postby Snuffer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:37 am

Is there nobody who can help me?
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:20 am

Normally this is possible without any big probs....
BUT:
1. The neccessary MTB.DLL is NOT included in the VB-Demo-Files.
2. What exactly kind of funtionality this programm should have when it is made as an MOD for DD ? You must exactly (!!!) define what the MOD should do !
3. During evaluation it is neccessary to test the MOD again and again. Therefore i need such kind of rotor and / or have to send every new MOD for testing to you. This is very time-expansive...
What will it cost ?
If its not so urgent in time and
if your whishes are defined very well and
... lets talk about it.
Could be a nice new project ?!
Visit the german DD-Forum: www.dvbdream.de
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
Snuffer
love DVB Dream!

Postby Snuffer » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:18 am

Scanman Thanks to answer on this request

We have the time thats for sure.

1 This is the install programm with aMTB.DLL etc.
http://members.chello.nl/c.das72/archive.rar

2 This program control a small unit via USB that can turn a 36 Volts motor. so not more needed a reed contact etc.
3 test can so you will i can send a unit with a motor to you or you send the file and i answer on that.
The unit are 40 Euro's. http://www.pc-control.co.uk/howto_motor.htm

The look is ??? like the diseq tool from Mibi or so.

Ron
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:15 am

... i'm a little bit late ...
Just took a look into the archive. Seems to be complete and usefull for programming a little thing for testing.

My idea at the moment:
Copying nearly the same positioner-window as in DD with some buttons to steer the motor manually and save the positions in a separate file with some ID's or plain text.
Everytime DD changes a channel, it will give the position in same number as the related transponder-file (e.g.192 for ASTRA 19.2°).
Then simply compare the values of actual and new position and drive to pos if neccessary.
This could all be handled in a small MOD for DD with a little GUI.

Is that what you want ?

EDIT:
Can you please give a little information / drawing how and where the motor is connected ?
Is it connected as a servo shown on the top pic here: http://www.gregorian-users.com/Fibo-motor.htm

EDIT 2:
What are your prefered SAT-positions (from east to west) ?

EDIT 3:
Here's is an idea to handle sat-positions in an INI-File, e.g. MotoBee.INI

Code: Select all

[POSITIONS]
;0=x >> number of positions to follow
0=16
;x=AAAA,BBB,plain text
;AAAA is SatCoDX number
;0-1800 east positions
;3600-1800 west positions
;BBB servo position
;0 max. east
;255 max. west
1=28,0,Rascom 1
2=30,0,Telecom 2C
3=40,0,Eurobird 4
4=48,0,Sirius 4
5=70,0,Eutelsat W3A
6=90,0,Eurobird 9
7=100,0,Eutelsat W1
8=130,0,Hotbird 6/7A/8
9=160,0,Eutelsat W2
10=192,0,Astra 1F/G/H/KR/L
11=210,0,Afristar
12=216,0,Eutelsat W6
13=235,0,Astra 1E/3A
14=255,0,Eurobird 2
15=260,0,Badr c/3/4
16=282,0,Eurobird1-Astra 2A/B/C/D
90cm Dish on Rotor STAB HH 120 / Uni-LNB + 90cm Dish / Dual-Quad-LNB to 9/8 MultiSwitch for 23.5°E/19.2°E --- SkyStar 2, SkyStar USB-Box plus, TwinHan 1041 S2, Technotrend S-3200 S2, DVBWorld S2, Terratec Cinergy T USB XE --- a few PCs with AMD-CPU/ASUS-Boards from Athlon-2400+ to 64 X2 5600+, 1-2GB RAM, totally up to 2 TB HardDisk, nVidia Graphics. All using XP-Professional - everytime up2date
Snuffer
love DVB Dream!

Postby Snuffer » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:58 pm

Scanman exactly fantastic idea and no piont about delay we are happy that you will do it for us.

About the motor YES it's that 36 Volt model with 5 wire's i need only 2 with the program 36+ and 36-. the pulscrcuit is not in use.

Edit 2:
I have make a list as you hope it's ok see attecment

Edit 3:
See list

Thanks in advance.

Ron
Attachments
Nieuw - Tekstdocument (2).txt
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
ScanMan
love DVB Dream!

Postby ScanMan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:41 am

I have some little probs in unterstanding how to replicate an exact position when the motor only is 2-wire-connected.
Do you switch on power to motor and count quiety up to 10 and stop it then ? If yes, extremly unsuitable ...

As far as i understood the MotoBee-manuals, you only can control the speed of connected motors on Out 1-4.
So when you give a value of about 5-15 the motor should drive slow in any direction - values over 200 will result up to maximum speed... ?!

But how do you recognize and / or remind a previous driven position - e.g. you turn the dish from 23.5° east to 33.0° west. After which time the motor has to be stopped ?

So i can implement a very accurate timer (in mikro-seconds) but the accuracy of positioning will depend on several other reasons - e.g. when its very windy an the dish has 'more load'....

So i assumed the motor has a control pin like a / the described servo.
Here a defined pulswidth sets the position and has an real good repetition accuracy of about 0.7° for programvalues between 0 - 255 for -90° to + 90°. (I knwo those little servos from using them in my model-helikopter).
But will your motor accept those signals ?

Or is there any other way to control the exact postion ?
Please let me know - we can implement nearly anything in the program.

Greetings to NL from Germany (~70KM from Enschede).

PS: Yesterday i tried to send you a mail, but it returned undeliverable...
Snuffer
love DVB Dream!

Postby Snuffer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:54 am

The best way are to use the PUls circiuit bud i think thats not posible.
So far i now with MotorWay program you can give commants with secconds and milliseconds to turn.
If you take Motor 1 and make it single in MotorWay he turns left en right.
The 36 Volts motor dont accept pulses like a servo stepper.
I can if its more simpler remove the orginal motor and make it a servo stepper.
For that its the best you show me the same motor as your helicoper i make that in the box.
I send a PM with my e-mail and control direct here what is rong (old e-mail perhaps???)

Ron

Return to “Module / Plugin Programming”