Freezes on some channels

Fixed bugs & the feature requests that have been implemented. Section is just to inform users during version changes.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

djpaul1963
Not too shy to talk

Freezes on some channels

Postby djpaul1963 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:50 am

I'm using DVBdream to watch mainly Greek Nova Channels on Hotbird.
Since last week, Alpha TV is facing a freeze every one or two seconds so it's impossible to view it anymore.
The same was happening for Motors TV and Supersport 4 in the past also, but since I don't care for them, I never asked before.

The point is that AltDVB or ProgDVB can decode those channels without error, so I am convinced that something goes wrong only in DVBDream .

I contacted Nova (I am a legal subscriber) but they couldn't help either. They say that nothing changed from their end though I believe that must be something from the transmission that triggered the problem.
I tried to change some things on channel properties, like QPSK and FEC but nothing happened.

Any ideas or suggestions?

As I am a programmer myself, is there somewhere I can find the source code of DVBDream to try to locate the problem?

Thanks,

Paul

SKYSTAR2 :: SKYSTAR HD2 :: HAUPPAUGE HVR-900 :: AMD X2 3800 :: WINXPSP2 :: 2GB RAM
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:29 am

Since last week, Alpha TV is facing a freeze every one or two seconds so it's impossible to view it anymore. .... Any ideas or
suggestions?
weird, I suppose you must have already tried other video/audio codecs and renderers. check for any packet loss in Main Menu->Analysis->Pid statistics. Yo must see 0 in both Con.Error and Strm.Err columns for all pids.

Con.Error = Continuity error (packet losses)
Strm.Error = Stream error (uncorrectable errors found in receieved stream, i.e. possible errors related to signal level)

also check your CPU usage during freeze.

As I am a programmer myself, is there somewhere I can find the source code of DVBDream to try to locate the problem?
No, it is not an open source application
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
djpaul1963
Not too shy to talk

Re: Freezes

Postby djpaul1963 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:38 am

Thank you for your reply,

From what I saw on PID analysis there is no streaming problems and the cpu load never exceeds 0.03 (see attached image)

forgot to mention in my previous post that I have 2 pci tuners, a Skystar2 and a K-World DVB100-S. I also tried to switch between various drivers (4.4.1 of skystar, beta bda of skystar, original bda of DVBDream and latest scanman's bda) but the problem is always there.

Strange thing is that the others channels of the same transponder have not any problem!

What you think is the reason to make AltDVB and ProgDVB work without this symptom? (I know you may have no clue what they do in their programs, but as a guess maybe?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SKYSTAR2 :: SKYSTAR HD2 :: HAUPPAUGE HVR-900 :: AMD X2 3800 :: WINXPSP2 :: 2GB RAM
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:58 pm

Try to switch the Full TS mode in menu > Options > Device Options > Options. I've had a similar problem, Full TS must be disabled for some channels and enabled for others, especially when using PIP.

More here: http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=283
Dreamer
djpaul1963
Not too shy to talk

No

Postby djpaul1963 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:46 pm

Unfortunately it's not that.

First of all I have 2 cards.
One of them, the K-World DVB100S does not have options at all in the device menu, and the second which is a skystar2 and supports device options, it had Full TS disabled already.
When I enabled it, it could not even tune on Alpha!
So it's definitely a streaming problem..
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:40 am

I'm using DVBdream to watch mainly Greek Nova Channels on Hotbird.
Since last week, Alpha TV is facing a freeze every one or two seconds so it's impossible to view it anymore.
The same was happening for Motors TV and Supersport 4 in the past also, but since I don't care for them, I never asked before.

The point is that AltDVB or ProgDVB can decode those channels without error, so I am convinced that something goes wrong only in DVBDream .
The new internal MPEG2 demuxer in v1.4 might help about this issue . I have a suspection this was related to MPEG2-Demultiplexer , which DD was using so far (maybe the difference between DD and many other applications)

I am moving this post to done section , so check in v1.4 and let me know.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Done”