1.4i Recordings problem when using scheduler

Fixed bugs & the feature requests that have been implemented. Section is just to inform users during version changes.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

decaturguy
Just popping in

1.4i Recordings problem when using scheduler

Postby decaturguy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi!
This is my first post, first of all let me thank you for this wonderful software.

I've been using 1.4h for the past 2 weeks and no problem at all except for the slow channel change.

with 1.4i i can't record TS with scheduler, I schedule to record every weekday all i get is tiny 188kb file. I have tried many times same result.
But the manual record works (F4), it records the TS file but when i play it with windows media player/classic it plays at fast speed like 10 times.
Normal speed when i play it with VLC and audio as someone here in this forum mentioned it "sounds like a bird" :)

I went back to 1.4h and everything is working again.

DELL OPTIPLEX GX620, Technotrend Connect S2-3650 CI / Windows XP Pro SP2
rel
relocation

Re: 1.4i Recordings problem when using scheduler

Postby rel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:02 pm

with 1.4i i can't record TS with scheduler, I schedule to record every weekday all i get is tiny 188kb file.
scrambled channels ? maybe plugin playing up ?
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
manolito
Not too shy to talk

Postby manolito » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:46 am

scrambled channels ? maybe plugin playing up ?
No, I got the same problem with no plugins installed whatsoever. No scrambled channels either (DVB-T).
It is not only TS recordings, the same happens with MPG.

So far the only workaround for me is to have DD open while waiting for the recording to start. It can be tuned to a different channel, it will switch channels for the recording without problems. But as soon as the scheduler has to start DD for recording, the result is just a corrupt 188 KB file.

Cheers
manolito
Pinnacle Dual DVB-T Stick 2001e (DVB-T)
WinXP Professional SP3
CPU Intel Celeron 1.1 Ghz (Coppermine)
decaturguy
Just popping in

Postby decaturguy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:16 pm

I've Just reinstalled 1.4i as C:\program\dvbdream2 (no plugins) still same problem when scheduled to record in both TS and MPG.

I Tried recording while watching a FTA channel with F4 key in MPG and TS format it record fine.
NO AUDIO playback with windows media player classic and the video is at normal speed this time. Windows media player 11 and VLC the video and audio playback is OK.
Shaga
Just popping in

Confirmation of the problem

Postby Shaga » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:07 am

Hello,
I have to confirm the scheduler recording problem. It happens in both renderless and normal mode, when DVBDream is started by the scheduler.

When the DVBDream is already running by the time the scheduler calls its CLI, the recording runs properly.

The on-disk Timeshift buffer is unaffected by this problem (i.e. I can extract the DVB stream from it, or shift it back to the time the recording started and then restart the recording succesfully).

The TS filesize is 188 bytes.

Are the TS filter settings applied correctly before the recording starts? My guess is, that something is not initialized when the recording starts on program start, whilst a few seconds later it is OK for manual start.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gigabyte GT-PTV-TAF-RH (Hybrid DVB-T/Analog, Philips SAA7131E) on WinXP x64+Intel GMA - working with BDA driver (tested in 1.4h & fixed 2.1.0 BDA2 driver)
AverTV Hybrid+FM Cardbus on WinXP+Intel GMA - working with ScanMan's BDA Driver (V108) in 1.4h and with FIXED BDA2 driver (2.1.0) in 1.4i

Leadtek WinFast DTV Dongle (DIB3000/6025 - driver 5.13.12.203) on WinXP - does not work with DVBDream
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:59 am

fixed , a patch will be released soon
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
decaturguy
Just popping in

Postby decaturguy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Return to “Done”