DVBDream plenty of bugs with VISTA

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

zorroman
Not too shy to talk

Postby zorroman » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:32 pm

then, maybe you should change the thread title :roll:
you see "plenty of bugs" where there are just few (and the rest is your understanding or, rather, mis-understanding).
Well needing to reinstall the DD everytime i close it, and the Timeshift bugs are still plenty for me.
Even the conflict between the Twinhan remote and the Ctrl+K key is not something completely right (i suggest it's replaced with Ctrl+V btw).

So please stop being critical and defenseve and try to be helful or just save your efforts for something else.

Thanks

Twinhan 7021a USB Box
Driver name: DTV-DVB UDST7020BDA DVB-S USB Box (Without HID)
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:17 am

Title doesn't sound good to me too , (i.e. how many of them are related to Vista )

and

A Forum Rule:
- Create one thread per bug/feature request, instead of collecting them in a post!
Thanks
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:35 am

1- The main and the biggest problem with the DVBDreamer that everytime i Exit the program and i try to run it again it never work..i get error message telling me "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" ..
No matter what the program will never work again until i Reinstall it .. so everytime i want to run the DVBDream i must Reinstall it then i run it.
looks like it was a driver or plugin problem, since I can't reproduce now.
2- I used to use a huge timeshift file..so i used 20 GB with the DVBDream... the Timeshift slider is not working correctly..once it starts to you can the slider moving in a right way showing that you are watching the tv for while...so you can forward or rewind very well...but after few hours it becomes messy..you can see the slider pointer located in the begining of the slider like it's the first minute you run the program...so you can't rewind anymore and you can forward a little..
I've done some tests but couldnt see a big problem, I guess I must try with a huge timeshift file like that. was it impossible to rewind at all ?
I guess this problem has nothing to do with Vista.

3- When you try to forward or rewind you can't control how long you want to forward or rewind...so i think it's better to let the user determine the rewind-forward time (like 30 second, 90 seconds..etc).
you might drop a request in feature requests section of the forum.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
zorroman
Not too shy to talk

Postby zorroman » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:49 am

1- The main and the biggest problem with the DVBDreamer that everytime i Exit the program and i try to run it again it never work..i get error message telling me "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" ..
No matter what the program will never work again until i Reinstall it .. so everytime i want to run the DVBDream i must Reinstall it then i run it.
looks like it was a driver or plugin problem, since I can't reproduce now.
I've fixed this problem already..it was a permission issue with the Vista..you must run it as administrator.
But anyway cause of these kind of Vista issues i downgraded my system to XP again...vista is not very good yet.
I've done some tests but couldnt see a big problem, I guess I must try with a huge timeshift file like that. was it impossible to rewind at all ?
I guess this problem has nothing to do with Vista.
In the big timeshift file the slider doesn't even move from the begining of the bar...it's impossible to rewind at all ... and even if you tried to do it, it will mess and jump to very far points of the timeshift.
3- When you try to forward or rewind you can't control how long you want to forward or rewind...so i think it's better to let the user determine the rewind-forward time (like 30 second, 90 seconds..etc).
you might drop a request in feature requests section of the forum.
I will..thank you
Twinhan 7021a USB Box
Driver name: DTV-DVB UDST7020BDA DVB-S USB Box (Without HID)

Return to “Undetermined”