Twinhan 1027 - cannot control motor nor DISEQC switch

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

skTheTwo

Twinhan 1027 - cannot control motor nor DISEQC switch

Postby skTheTwo » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Bug or Feature ?

I use the TwinHan 1027 PCI card - With DVBDream I'm unable to move the dish using USALS to the motor (SG2100 ), nor switch from port 1 to port 2 on the DISEQC switch.

So I currently use MyTheatre to control the motor - Once its moved the dish I then switch to DVBDream - I've set it with no DISEqC switch. I can then pick the satellite I've moved the dish to and test as needed.

I know the 1027 isn't supported by DVBDream - maybe I can help in adding the requisite functionality; from device drivers for RS232 devices to DECNET->SNA switches, in assembler, C, Pascal, VB, Java I've got a lot of experience in software ; I'd really like to make this work - I like DVBDream - Let me know.

I've tried quite a variety of device drivers from the Twinhan website but that didn't help and in DVBDream tried the TwinHan Direct device ( which errors with Error Code 1 - unable to initialize hardware) and the SDK device which doesn't error but never locks to a channel during a scan.

The only one that works is the any of the 1027 BDA device driver from the disk or the 1027 BDA driver that can be downloaded from the Twinhan website + the BDA device setting in DVBDream - but only for scanning and viewing. The USALS or DISEqC commands don't work.

-K

Twinhan PCI 1027, with Fortec 90 cm dish, SG2100 motor, DISEQC 4x1 switch, Invacom QPH031 quad legacy linear+circular LNB on Windows XP +AMD 3800 +Nvidia 6150
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:29 pm

try ScanMan's BDA_ALL device please.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Undetermined”