Problem with 75E transponders

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

smarg
Just can't stay away

Problem with 75E transponders

Postby smarg » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:56 am

Hi, I added new dish at 75E.
Now, i found several channels that doers not behave well. When i switch to them one of the following happens:
1) The channel start running and immidetaly freezes.
2) The channel does not start running at all : from the osd it seems that the audio stream identified but video stream is not.
3) If i try to switch backward and forward (on the same dish = the same diseqc input) sometimes the channel wil start running normally.

This problem does not happen with mytheatre, so i beleive its DD bug, seems like the part that parses mpeg stream cannot find elementary streams. This issue happens in all DD versions from 1.3C

The transponder info : 12640 V, 22000 SR, stream id 100

Thanks

DFI RS482 Mobo - AMD 3200 Venice core - SS2 2.6B - Vista Ultimate 32bit - DD 1.3c
patmos
Just can't stay away

Postby patmos » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:15 am

I don't know whether it is same problem. On one particular channel, I have to click several times to get video and audio whilst other channels play on first click. I found that this channel use spectrum inversion.
This is often used by broadcasters. In all soft players or STB it will automatically select the correct spectrum. On professional receivers u have to get this parameter ok for it to decode. I don't if it is the issue here.
TBS 5922 USB
iMAC late 2012 /windows8 64bit vmware
3M prime motorised from AM33 (96.5 E) to AM44 (11W),
1.5m on Eutelsat 36A/B
2.4m solid with two LNBs on PAS 7/10 C/ku
60 cm on Eutelsat16A
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:09 am

@smarg, can you send me some "whole-stream" sample from that transponder? You can record whole stream using Stream Recorder module.

How to capture a sample stream
1) You first need to enable "Full TS" mode in device options, depending your card, then restart DD
2) start "Stream Recorder" module on the problematic transponder, record about 100 mb
3) upload file to somewhere (FTP). If you dont have any FTP space, ask for FTP server via rreloc@yahoo.com
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
smarg
Just can't stay away

Postby smarg » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:28 pm

Sure i will provide a capture.

Just another update: when the channel works fine, i see buffers runing pretty quick and stream recorder records fine at rate about 3-4 MB/s. When i switch to the channel and it does not work, i see that buffers counter start to increase very slow and than stop increasing as all. Seems like no data arrives. Stream recorder recorded for 5 minutes and the output file is 1 MB.

rel, i sent you e-mail to yahoo.

Thanks.

Update: i put 2 files: test.ts when the channel works and test2.ts when the channel does not work
DFI RS482 Mobo - AMD 3200 Venice core - SS2 2.6B - Vista Ultimate 32bit - DD 1.3c
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:33 pm

cant reproduce here.

try using Mibi's patched drivers for better diseqc handling on DD, you might try options -> performance options (try different values for diseqc repeat count and delays to see if it helps)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
smarg
Just can't stay away

Postby smarg » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:05 am

Hi,

AFAIK Mibi's drivers are used for positioner, which is not the case.

I also tried to play with settings in "Perfomance" options, without success.

Its clearly DD issue as mytheatre does not have this problem. I will check also with ProgDVB and report.
smarg
Just can't stay away

Postby smarg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:19 am

I did not test with ProgDVB yet, but i switched to B2C2 SDK instead of direct and the issue gone away. Again, this is clear indicator that the problem is DD (probably in B2C2 Direct module). Anyway in B2C2 SDK mode the DD seems less stable and it tends to freeze (especially on a channels with low reception). After such freeze i have to manually kill the DD and i got to restart because running it again will bring "Failed to initialize DVB" error. Seems that B2C2 SDK MUST be finalized in proper way otherwize it will not run again.

I reverted back to Direct because of instability issues.

Thanks
smarg
Just can't stay away

Postby smarg » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 am

Just an update of old problem - i upgraded ffdshow codecs and the issue dissapeared.
The codecs used are 1.0.5.214 from 18/1/2008. Now, the DD is stable as a rock, channel switching always work and pretty fast and works even with "Reset DirectShow..." checkbox unchecked.

Return to “Undetermined”