SimOSD excess usage of WinCSC

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

tvfan

SimOSD excess usage of WinCSC

Postby tvfan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:03 am

Hi,
I'm not sure whether to write this bug here or to Module forum. I chose this :wink:

I found out a strange bug probably in SimOSD module. When I install DVBDream 1.4 or any other subversion, even the latest 1.4g, and activate SimOSD module, DVBDream starts to ask WinCSC for keys very excessively. Request for a key is sent to WinCSC almost every 0.1+sec. It's not exact, because sometimes delays occurs, etc., but it's several times per second.
Such behavior may cause problems when you have some protection on your server, like allowing one key per "some time".
I also tried to set "Use 184byte packets" in DVBDream preferences, which was usually helpful in other applications that I tried in past, before migrating to DVBDream as the best choice for future :wink:

The only fix for this is to disable SimOSD module. After disabling, a key is requested only when it's needed. In my case every 13secs. It's a huge difference.

SimOSD version is 1.2.1.0
DVBDream version 1.4 - 1.4g
WinCSC version 1.2.0 b2483

Regards...

Technisat Skystar2 rev. 2.6d - B2C2 direct on driver 4.4.1 / DVBDream 1.4g / WinCSC 1.2.0 b2483
Vista Ultimate 32bit / Nvidia EN7300GT
Astra 19.2E / 23.5E
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:29 pm

cant reproduce
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Undetermined”