Screen Jumps and Ticks in Full Screen mode

the bugs that are most likely related to user configuration (like a specific hardware, codec or driver prob) or impossible to find a logical reason at the moment. The problems in this category might be fixed in future versions as users keep confirming them with additional information.

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

kral2008
Just popping in

Screen Jumps and Ticks in Full Screen mode

Postby kral2008 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:25 am

Hello;
I see some jumps and Ticks in half down of screen when I watch Football matches on HD channels in Full Screen mode, this occurs when I set DD to use "Enhanced Video Render" on Windows 7 or 8, and the camera moves fast and shows the player closely. Note that the half top of screen haven't any jumps!
I told this to my friends and they tested too. Even, I tested the old versions and tested most of H.264 codecs (PDVD12, Arcsoft,Elecard and ... that provided by DVBSUPPORT.NET) but the result is same as I said. DVB Dream have this problem!
My VGA brand is NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX. CPU is Corei7 920 and PH Memory is 12GB ADATA.
I don't know how I show this to you. But if it possible, please test it in same condition that i said.
thank you.
* sorry 4 bad ENGLISH.
kral2008

DD4EVER
kral2008
Just popping in

Re: Screen Jumps and Ticks in Full Screen mode

Postby kral2008 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:55 am

I'm waiting for your tests,
why you don't respond for this problem?
DD4EVER
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:40 pm

sounds weird. maybe you can play with deinterlacing options on the codecs if they have.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
kral2008
Just popping in

Postby kral2008 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 am

I have installed DD on win8, then I set the Codecs with Microsoft own codec.
Unfortunately I have this problem when we use EVR for V.Render in win8 too. also my friends have this problem.
I have recorded the DD full screen with "Fraps" (not with DD) and encoded via good bit rate and size for you.
*Note that Screen ticks and jumps decreased during Encode! but they could be seen. please watch it carefully when the camera moves fast.
Download the Video from Mediafire (14.33MB):
http://www.mediafire.com/?60juxntd3xc7g97
DD4EVER
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:24 pm

looks like interlaced source signal.
but it's hard to tell it for sure cause your converting it into mp4 made it even worse (original signal structure's completely lost due to inadequate deinterlacing).
it could be also a PAL->NTSC (or NTSC->PAL) on the fly conversion (frame blending is often used for that).
Which also destroyed original signal quality.

If the original signal is truly interlaced signal, there is no way to convert it into progressive without all these artifacts (sure, it's possible to make a better conversion then you did, but there is no way to get rid of these frame blendings)
Andrew Wood
Not too shy to talk

Postby Andrew Wood » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:40 pm

I had what sounds like a similar issue - tearing in the lower half of the screen when watching HD. I solved it by making sure the Horizontal and Vertical Zoom sliders under Cropping in the Video dialog are fully to the left. (The default install sets them slightly off from the left.)
Cabbanis
Just popping in

Postby Cabbanis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 am

Try to enable VSYNC in Nvidia control panel
kral2008
Just popping in

Postby kral2008 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:52 am

looks like interlaced source signal.
but it's hard to tell it for sure cause your converting it into mp4 made it even worse (original signal structure's completely lost due to inadequate deinterlacing).
it could be also a PAL->NTSC (or NTSC->PAL) on the fly conversion (frame blending is often used for that).
Which also destroyed original signal quality.

If the original signal is truly interlaced signal, there is no way to convert it into progressive without all these artifacts (sure, it's possible to make a better conversion then you did, but there is no way to get rid of these frame blendings)
Hello sir,
you'r right. but I'm use ProgDVB too! it hasn't any problem like this!
this is a program issue because when I record (whether from my Screen or from HD channels) as a file and play it with Pot Player, KMplayer and MPC, this jumps doesn't appear! Now, we can conclude this is a DD issue. also this can be occur when you have nVidia graphic card.
If any of you can be test with your AMD and nVidia Cards, please share your idea in this topic.
Thank you - kral
DD4EVER
kral2008
Just popping in

Postby kral2008 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:28 am

Another issue is that DD has problem with Windows 8; When you try to enter to full screen mode, the Screen freezes! and you have to switch between window and normal and full screen mode to solve this problem.
When latest version of program announced, they write this problem solved (http://www.dvbdream.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3695), but I and some of my friends have this problem in Windows 8. PLEASE FIX THIS.
Try to enable VSYNC in Nvidia control panel
Thank you man; This can be helpful for better view. I changed and now jumps of the screen decreased!
Go to "nVidia Control panel" > "3D settings" > "Program settings", add DD to list and turn VCYNC on for it. (do not use Global Mode to do this, cause this can be effect on Games performance.)

-kral
DD4EVER
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello sir,
this is a program issue because when I record (whether from my Screen or from HD channels) as a file and play it with Pot Player, KMplayer and MPC, this jumps doesn't appear! Now, we can conclude this is a DD issue.
wrong conclusion, I'm afraid.
DD itself does not play the video, codecs do.

did you try to play transport stream recorded by DD in MPC?
what's the result?
kral2008
Just popping in

Postby kral2008 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:28 am

Hello sir,
this is a program issue because when I record (whether from my Screen or from HD channels) as a file and play it with Pot Player, KMplayer and MPC, this jumps doesn't appear! Now, we can conclude this is a DD issue.
wrong conclusion, I'm afraid.
DD itself does not play the video, codecs do.

did you try to play transport stream recorded by DD in MPC?
what's the result?
As I said, yes. I did it. I recorded a TS file and played with MPC and Pot with the same codec that used in DD. the ticks didn't appear in MPC or Pot!
DD4EVER
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:15 pm

As I said, yes. I did it. I recorded a TS file and played with MPC and Pot with the same codec that used in DD. the ticks didn't appear in MPC or Pot!
This is a completely different statement compare to your original one (in the beginning of the thread).
You made a sample (conversion to mp4) with a lot of interlaced artifacts and jumps.
Obviously, you used some other tools for this conversion (DD does not do that).

And now you are telling that there are NO video artifacts when you play this sample in MPC.

These are mutually exclusive statements. Which one is true, and which one is false?
kral2008
Just popping in

Postby kral2008 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 am

This is a completely different statement compare to your original one (in the beginning of the thread).
You made a sample (conversion to mp4) with a lot of interlaced artifacts and jumps.
Obviously, you used some other tools for this conversion (DD does not do that).

And now you are telling that there are NO video artifacts when you play this sample in MPC.

These are mutually exclusive statements. Which one is true, and which one is false?
let me to explain;
Once I used DD stream recorder tool, as you know this records a TS file. I recorded it from a HD channel when broadcasting football. I didn't convert it! Then I played it with pot player using same codec that I set in DD.
Result: In DD I saw very speedy jumps tearing in the lower half of the screen. But with put it doesn't appear.
-----------------------
Once again; I used Fraps* to capture my lower half of screen to upload it for you! Because recorded .avi file size of Fraps is too big, I had to convert it to mp4, unfortunately MeGUI has the options that reduces these noises. Now, I'm not sure that you can see my issue on my uploaded video.
Result: I could see the jumps and ticks on UNCONVERTED video! When I convert it for you, MeGUI removed this noises.

*: Fraps used in capturing video from Screen when you play Games and ..., so it's very powerful software for this.
----------------------
I don't know how I can show this problem to you, also I'm not a Expert in Video Formats (p and i) and I can't put a name for this issue!

Sorry for my bad English,
Thanks for your attention,
-kral
DD4EVER
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:38 am

Maybe DD and MPC use the same codecs but are you sure of that settings of the codecs and renderer are the same as in DD? maybe one decodes Hardware accelaration enabled with different deinterlacing options. It might be caused by DD too, maybe some timing issue while sending packets to codecs but did you use MPC realtime with DD? by activating LAN Streaming ? (under tools, there is command to start MPC with streaming)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “Undetermined”