DVBDream 1.5 will lock up on exit (DVBWorld tuners)

Please avoid duplicating bug reports in this section. (search in the previous posts first, if you find any related post, just reply the post to confirm the bug) https://www.dvbdream.org/howtoreportbug.php

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

MKANET
Not too shy to talk

DVBDream 1.5 will lock up on exit (DVBWorld tuners)

Postby MKANET » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:53 am

If I try to exit from DVBDream 1.5 (pressing the X / F4), DVBDream's user interface will hang. If I try to exit from the windows system tray, the icon will disappear, but the process dvbdream.exe will remain in memory and CPU usage jumps up. I have to manually kill the process using Windows task manager.

Reverting back to DVBDream 1.4i, I can cleanly and quickly exit memory via Alt-F4, pressing the X, or File/Exit. It doesnt look like DVBDream 1.5 was even tested with DVBWorld tuners (PCI or USB).

It doesnt make a difference what DVBWorld driver I'm using. This problem is happens using the latest DVBWorld drivers and DVBDrfeam 1.5c-e.

I would like to use DVBDream 1.5 since it has native CAM support.

DVBWorld HD 2104 CA (USB)

Optional "MagicCAM" CA smartcard reader!!

Hardware CAM support: All versions of Nagravison, irdet* 1 & 2, viac**s, Conax, sec*…
MKANET
Not too shy to talk

Postby MKANET » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:28 pm

I am sure this is preproducable. I uninstalled DVBDream 1.4i and installed 1.5e cleanly. As soon as I add any DVBWorld tuner (USB or PCI), I can no longer exit DVBDream. I have tried all the recent DVBWorld drivers; and, have all the default settings for DVBDream 1.5e.

This is actually a critical issue, because I have no choice but to use DVBDream 1.4i and keep getting prompted to upgrade to 1.5. It's too much of a hassle to click on this dialog box every time I use DVBDream.

Hardware CAM support: All versions of Nagravison, irdet* 1 & 2, viac**s, Conax, sec*…
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Postby genpix » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:29 pm

It's too much of a hassle to click on this dialog box every time I use DVBDream.
What a ridiculous complain!
If it so "annoying" why just don't you switch off the "check for new version"?
MKANET
Not too shy to talk

Postby MKANET » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks for the settings suggestion. However, I think youre missing the point of the thread. There's a pretty significant bug that I'm reporting.
It's too much of a hassle to click on this dialog box every time I use DVBDream.
What a ridiculous complain!
If it so "annoying" why just don't you switch off the "check for new version"?

ABJ
Not too shy to talk

Postby ABJ » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 pm

As soon as I add any DVBWorld tuner (USB or PCI), I can no longer exit DVBDream.
Same problem here, but CPU is not being loaded up...I just use Task Manager to kill it.
DVB-S2 USB CA 2104D DVBWorld HD
32Bit Vista: ASUS GeForce GTX 550
ABJ
Not too shy to talk

Postby ABJ » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Using program on 32 bit Vista produces same results; you have to use task manager to kill it.
DVB-S2 USB CA 2104D DVBWorld HD
32Bit Vista: ASUS GeForce GTX 550
aimanali
Not too shy to talk

same problem

Postby aimanali » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:05 am

Same problem with me ... i m using TBS 8920 with 32bit VISTA...DVBDREAM hangs on exit and when use end process of task manager then dvbdream disappear but loads cpu and dvbdream process is still shown in taskmanager
TBS 8920 DVB-s2 PCI
Technisat Skystar 2 PCI
aimanali
Not too shy to talk

change windows

Postby aimanali » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 am

my problem solved..no problem ,no hanging etc with windows 7 os and windows xp service pack 3...
TBS 8920 DVB-s2 PCI
Technisat Skystar 2 PCI
MKANET
Not too shy to talk

Postby MKANET » Sun May 29, 2011 1:35 pm

I tried to get DVBWorld Support to fix a couple of reproducible issues with their Vista32 drivers distributed with all their products, but the person who I talked to, "Peter" refused to acknowledge/fix the issues; saying "Vista is garbage". Saying he has only time to focus on their STB. Very unprofessional.

Anyway, its good to know that this is a problem with DVBWorld Vista32 drivers, not DVB Dream.

Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:27 am

Same here.

DD 1.5f, Skystar HD2, Win Vista SP2, clean install.

Edit - only with original BDA device, OK with Scanman 1.0.8 device.
Attachments
dvbdream.log
(6.59 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
Dreamer
MKANET
Not too shy to talk

Postby MKANET » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:31 am

I've been stuck on DVBDream v1.4i. Asking to install a different OS is not acceptable. I wonder why no other DVB tuner manufacturer doesnt have this problem? Is DVB World going out of business or are they just abandoning their PC customers? Even my employer uses Vista on thousands of PC across United States alone.

Maybe someone can try to report this problem to DVB World. Apparently they dont understand that people payed money for their hardware products and need support.

Return to “Bug Reports”