Guidance needed please

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

dardruba
Just can't stay away

Guidance needed please

Postby dardruba » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Returning from holiday I was prompted to download V1.7a, I messed up by updating it onto existing V1.7 and decided to uninstall both to clear everything.
I reinstalled V1.7a and inherited a channellist with some transponders from satellites I can't receive.

From King of Sat I've downloaded transponder.ini for 13/19/28E, now stored in the Transponders Folder in C\Program Files\DVBDream
But when I go to Options/Transponders my 3 Satellites are there but no Transponders are listed for them.
When I go to Channels/Scan there are no Transponders listed for me to scan. I did a manual input for 10714H on 28E and got Channel 4 for example but
I seem to have forgotten how to make the transponders available to scan without me having to input each one.

rel
relocation

Re: Guidance needed please

Postby rel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:41 pm

by just adding them in diseqc dialog
options->diseqc
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
dardruba
Just can't stay away

Postby dardruba » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Sorry, I dont understand. In Options under Diseqc I have a satellite allocated to each Port but there is no option for adding transponders.
Under the next entry Transponders is where I'd expectto see the list of transponders on that satellite but I cant see a way to enter them
into that blank space.
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:58 pm

what did you pick as LNB type ? in diseqc type while defining satellites to diseqc ports ?
if you pick C band LNB, it won't display Ku band transponders on DD or vice versa.

you can install DD again, then simply modify transponder INI files. I don't know if KingOfSat changed INI format or something.. which might be the reason why you can't see the transponders as well.

Also if your tuner type is detected DVB-T (terrestrial) then you might not see the DVB-S transponders. This might happen when you have a hybrid tuner (DVB-S + DVB-T)
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
dardruba
Just can't stay away

Postby dardruba » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Just for the record
I did a complete uninstall and a new reinstall of V1.7a and alls well once again.
Thanks

Return to “General”