New Kid

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

kamroud
Just popping in

New Kid

Postby kamroud » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi all,
I'm a new user, I have DVB S2/S (USB) attached to a Sony laptop. I live in Toronto, Canada and using Telstar 5/Galaxy 19. When try to setup, I have 3 problems:
1. Can't see any channels - all come red while my regular satellite is using the same dish and working properly.
2. When setup the video, whatever I select, I get an error, something about cannot create graph.
3. The remove does nothing.
Can you guys please help me. Thanks

vishvish3
Not too shy to talk

Re: New Kid

Postby vishvish3 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:27 am

install hd codec pack.and dvbdream on different path.say other partition
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:16 am

I have DVB S2/S (USB) attached to a Sony laptop.
it might not be one of the supported devices
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it
kamroud
Just popping in

Postby kamroud » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks for the responses. BTW, the codes are installed on a different library. And, this device is compatible with DVBdream. The point that I can't understand is why the program cannot pick up the satellite signals. Any thoughts on this? Thanks
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:08 pm

it is not even easy to say anything, you should specify the exact model type of your DVB device and manufacturer..
... however it sounds like a problem in diseqc settings, you need to confirm you have signal on cable and your card works (use the bundled software if there is any)
then make sure your diseqc settings on DVB match your STB diseqc settings.
poppo
love DVB Dream!

Postby poppo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:12 pm

one more thing to consider
Are the channels scrambled ?
STB could have integrated CAM module to decode those channels.
SkyStar HD with TechnoTrend 5.0.2.1 drivers
reported by system as TT-budget S2-3200 (BDA)
on Windows XP/Vista/7 all 64 bit
mainly windows 7 x64 pro PL

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
dish at HotBird/Astra standart DiSEQC 1.0 swich
Motherboard Asus P5Q
kamroud
Just popping in

Postby kamroud » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks Again. My device is a USB DVB S2/S made by DVBHD.cn. The bundle software came with the device is DVBDream. The signal from satellite is good as I have another satellite receiver attached to the same LNB and it is working perfectly. The way that I attached the device, is that I connected the cable from satellite to my receiver (LNB IN) and then I connected the LNB out from receiver to the LNB In of my device. Is there any issue with this? Again receiver works perfectly, but dvcdream cannot get the signal regardless of receiver is on or off. Any advice? Thanks
poppo
love DVB Dream!

Postby poppo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 pm

This might be the issue here
Try attaching directly to antena and check if this works
In theory connecting one reciver to another used as bypas works but in reality there might be serve problems with such setup even damage to one of the tuners (rather unlikely but possible)
btw the tuner in the middle should be swiched off but connected to power source.

One more question are you able to scan the satelite for channels ie the channel list gets populated?

If you get the channels ok check parameters of one of them with parameters from workin reciver
On the satelite you mentioned should be probably some FTA channels
if you cant check channel params on workin reciver try checkin with website like lyngsat

Are you still reciving cant build graph error?
If so try tuning to one of the FTA channels and record something using tswriter2 module (in most cases VideLanClient (VLC) should be capable of plaing recorded file (sometimes it screws playback due to some inconsistency in recorded file so record ie 5 files and try plaing them)
If the files play ok there is some kind of codec problem try different codecs then.
If You cant record updating tuner drivers might help
You could also try runing DD with elevated privileges (just to make sure there are no uac problems - applays to windows 7 and vista)
If you are runing 64 bit system double check that this tuner works on 64 bit systems (might have some limitations)
I had some time ago an tuner that cased to work on 64 bit systems if there was more then 4GB of ram (older device that was theoretically 64 bit capable)
SkyStar HD with TechnoTrend 5.0.2.1 drivers
reported by system as TT-budget S2-3200 (BDA)
on Windows XP/Vista/7 all 64 bit
mainly windows 7 x64 pro PL

Intel Q6600 12GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 280
dish at HotBird/Astra standart DiSEQC 1.0 swich
Motherboard Asus P5Q
kamroud
Just popping in

Postby kamroud » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:15 am

Tried with direct connection from satellite to the device, no change. Any other suggestions? How can I clear everything and start over? Removing program is not enough, there are files in other libraries that needs to be removed. Anybody knows where are those libraries and files? Thanks
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:35 am

Thanks Again. My device is a USB DVB S2/S made by DVBHD.cn. The bundle software came with the device is DVBDream.
DD is currently only licenced to Genpix and TBS to bundle with. so it is interesting. I will check with the TBS, it might be a card originally produced by TBS. But they attach some other tools as well with their products in CD, please check if you can confirm your card works (not faulty) by using these tools if available. Otherwise talk to shop where you bought it.
Also try with latest DVB Dream (trial) downloading from this site. Do all your tests LNB is directly connected to your device (without STB). make sure you specify the correct LNB type in DD. (Lof frequencies etc should be correct)
kamroud
Just popping in

Postby kamroud » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:28 am

Hello,
OK, I gave up on DVBDream as it doesn't recognize any channels.
I installed a free version of Progdvb, however, I have a problem with remote control setup. I tried the remote control that came with the box (called DVBHD), anthoer universal remote and also Logitec remote, but none of them works. I'm wondering if you have any solution or recommendation. Thanks
reeven
Just can't stay away

Postby reeven » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:59 pm

you will soon be returning to dvbdream or try other dvb app, because progdvb is not stable at all.
terratec cinergy htc xs hd , haupphage hvr 930c, sundtek mediapro, msi digivox II
all sticks with empia 2885 chipset.
kamroud
Just popping in

Postby kamroud » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks for the advice, but DVBDream cannot recognize channels at all. Do you have any recommendation as how set it up to work. I live in Toronto, Canada, and use Galaxy 19/Telstar 5. This 97 degree west. Thanks

Return to “General”