Integration Features - Specify record filename...

Suggestions and ideas for future versions

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

jakubklos

Integration Features - Specify record filename...

Postby jakubklos » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:42 am

It would be great if DD supported some integration features other not so good sw provides. That is:

1. Be able to specify a record filename from command line (suppose you use an external scheduling engine and you know the filename and based on the name a catalog engine indexes the newly recorded file). Very handy

2. Change audio key shortcut (already requested multiple times on this forum). Also should be supported from command line.

3. Simulate keypress from command line as new option. This way an external engine can interact with DD completely.

Thank you very much for considering this
Jakub

SkyStar HD
satvcd

Re: Integration Features - Specify record filename...

Postby satvcd » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:44 am

It would be great if DD supported some integration features other not so good sw provides. That is:

1. Be able to specify a record filename from command line (suppose you use an external scheduling engine and you know the filename and based on the name a catalog engine indexes the newly recorded file). Very handy

2. Change audio key shortcut (already requested multiple times on this forum). Also should be supported from command line.

3. Simulate keypress from command line as new option. This way an external engine can interact with DD completely.

Thank you very much for considering this
Jakub
I would speak for 1. point at least.
Asus M2A-VM HDMI, SkyStar 2
digital4all

Postby digital4all » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:05 am

I request the posibility to specify a record filename from command line too.

I have a process that capture a file (now from analog input), and
processes it with virtualdub and avisynth (deinterlace, crop, resize and compress) and then it do another job.

I would like to do the same but with digital input (dvbdream from command line) but I need to specify the record filename for process it later with virtualdub.

I think this is a very useful option.
Hauppauge HVR-4000
ATI 9200
Windows XP SP2

Astra 19.2º
DVB-T EUR
jdgd
Just can't stay away

Postby jdgd » Mon May 12, 2008 2:07 pm

I also would like to specify filename. All my recordings are currently "noevent". It would be good if the current variables were supported. Example:

/startrecord="$1 Seinfeld" (file extension depends on .mpg or .ts format)

Maybe optonally support paths if you don't want to use the default.
/recordpath="j:\record\sitcoms\"

Return to “Feature Requests”