Is it possible to use two DVBWorld USB tuners on the same PC

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

MKANET
Not too shy to talk

Is it possible to use two DVBWorld USB tuners on the same PC

Postby MKANET » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:58 am

I currently own USB DVBWorld DVB-S2 tuner and currently use it with DVB Dream. I would like to add a second USB DVB World tuner to my setup. I presume this is a pretty common to do.

However, one person told me that if I hook up two DVBWorld USB devices on the same machine, both will independently tune to different channels correctly.. BUT only one tuner will actually provide a stream; and the other tuner doesnt provide a stream. Is this true? I would presume it goes without saying that there are people who would want to use two of these popular USB DVB tuners on the same PC.

Has anyone heard of such a limitation? Maybe, this limitation doesnt exist anymore?

I heard that the only way to have two DVB tuners is to use a "weird" method of using two different kinds of DVB tuners with completely different device drivers.

Thanks in advance for the answer![/u]

DVBWorld HD 2104 CA (USB)

Optional "MagicCAM" CA smartcard reader!!

Hardware CAM support: All versions of Nagravison, irdet* 1 & 2, viac**s, Conax, sec*…
digimyth

Postby digimyth » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:37 pm

Not sure about 2 USB tuners, but I have used 2 pci tuners, or a pci and a usb tuner.

I assume you want to use them both at the same time...

Install a second, third etc copy of the program in it's own directory, for example "c:\dvbdream2". Rename the executable in that directory to something like "dvbdream2.exe".

If you are using the same satellite setup on the second card, you can copy over the chlist.chl file, but you still need to set the diseqc to match. Set your video codecs. In the device setup window, set it to device 2. Set up all your plugins.

You should be good to run both dvbdreams at the same time.

Note that if you are using a cardclient plugin there may be other issues to resolve for both to work at the same time.
Digiwave 103g/ 2008 bda.dev
Genpix Skywalker 1
Acer Quad Q6600
ATI Radeon HD2600Pro
dan86
Just popping in

Postby dan86 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:20 am

Thanks for the answer I was also looking into this idea.

Daniel
KWORLD DVB-S 100
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:29 am

This can work with two seperate DD installations to different paths.

But driver should support this. These cards should be listed in Windows BDA device list seperately.

like,
"DVBWorld #1"
"DVBWorld #2"

then you can select them in DD device selection dialog.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”