PAFF/MBAFF interleave processing

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

aludal
Not too shy to talk

PAFF/MBAFF interleave processing

Postby aludal » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm

I'm not about crashes in 1.4e, I can gladly suppose it's a usual growth pain, as it always was.

I'm just looking for a new ddsource.ax capable to effectively parse/demux MBAFF/PAFF H.264 streams, so the Cyberlink decoder (the only one that can use HW decode/deinterlace would never lose A/V sync under DD. What would it be -- DD 1.5, or 1.6, or even 1.7 -- I don't know, but the solution would certainly be in high demand even in Europe very soon.

One attempt to tackle the problem ties the desync phenomenon to the corrupted timescale of a regular AC3 filter after simple demux operation:

"Hello

I have to demux the ac3 track of a h264 ts without any delay, the ac3 track must be kept EXACTLY as it is in the transport stream. I have tried xport, project x and tsremux. None of them did it the trick, I know because i cannot mux the track with the video again and have sync, or play the orginal ts with the demuxed ac3 track with mpc with sync.

The reason I need zero delay is because I'm following this guide: http://www.hdtvtotal.com/module-page...1-pid-779.html to sync a DTS track from a DVD. And of course, if the demuxed ac3 track no longer has the same length as the ac3 track in the TS i will never get it to sync!"

(quote is taken from a doom9 forum, and technically has nothing to do with interleave schemes, but still...)

In other words, which, where, and when will be available a fully H.264-compatible DVBDream beta that I'd love to test?

Thank you for your other effort, too. Unlike all the rest of bugreporters here, I won't be bitching about instability of DD 1.4e: it's actually perfect if one knows how to tune it.

Genpix SkyWalker-1
ATi HD2600XT
Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.14 GHz 2 GB RAM PC6400 WinXP SP2
smarg
Just can't stay away

Postby smarg » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:57 am

"it's actually perfect if one knows how to tune it."

So may be you can share your invaluable knowledge with us? Thats what these forums are good for, you know..
DFI RS482 Mobo - AMD 3200 Venice core - SS2 2.6B - Vista Ultimate 32bit - DD 1.3c
rel
relocation

Postby rel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:10 pm

In other words, which, where, and when will be available a fully H.264-compatible DVBDream beta that I'd love to test?

what you see is what is possible at the moment. if there was an easy way to get h.264 better, you would have already seen it working in DD :)

when would it be possible ? = when the required information is provided and well documented or when new and better/more compatible h.264 codecs are released.
DVB Dream - because I have to dream about having time to code it

Return to “General”