Bda driver for medion 8800?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

pacobar
Not too shy to talk

Bda driver for medion 8800?

Postby pacobar » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:59 am

The BDA implementation of dd 1.3 support md8800 (dual SAA 7131 chip)? if so, how? if don´t are you planning in the near future?

tomt
Just popping in

Postby tomt » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:08 pm

DD works well with the MD8800.

See this forum for more details:

http://www.medionsupport.com
Medion 8800 DVB-T/S
HAWKHAWK
Not too shy to talk

But does DVBDream support diseqc for the Creatix/CTX/Medion?

Postby HAWKHAWK » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:01 am

DVBDream works ok for one sat on the Medion PCs. But the real question is if it supports also diseqc from DVBDream.

I looked on a lot of fora now, als of Medion, but nobody seems to have the diseqc working for the (in EU very common) Creatix CTX sat cards.

What to do to let this work?

TIA
MedionP7300MediaCenter/CTXtriplecapture/Multytenne/DVBDream1.4i/VistaMCE
genpix
love DVB Dream!

Re: But does DVBDream support diseqc for the Creatix/CTX/Med

Postby genpix » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 am

But the real question is if it supports also diseqc from DVBDream.
1) stop posting the same questions in multiple section. It's annoying.
2) read about BDA standard (google is your friend). BDA standard does not include diseqc protocol.
3) contact you DVB card manufacturer and ask about SDK for that card. Particularly, ask how to call diseqc functions.
HAWKHAWK
Not too shy to talk

Re: But does DVBDream support diseqc for the Creatix/CTX/Med

Postby HAWKHAWK » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:54 am

But the real question is if it supports also diseqc from DVBDream.
1) stop posting the same questions in multiple section. It's annoying.
2) read about BDA standard (google is your friend). BDA standard does not include diseqc protocol.
3) contact you DVB card manufacturer and ask about SDK for that card. Particularly, ask how to call diseqc functions.
Thx for your reply. Of course I googled a lot about this subject, and I know that standard BDA does not support diseqc. The question remains: does anybody here has DVBDream/diseqc working with the Creatix/CTX/Philips/Medion sat card? It is a very common card/chip vendor here, but before we start developing on the SDK (if any) it might be good to know if it was done before. It seems to work with MyTheatre, but that is another forum :-)

BTW: I use a Technisat Multytenne twin, with 4 LNBs (and 2 outputs).

TIA

best regards from Holland
HAWKHAWK
Not too shy to talk

diseqc works with Medion/CTX, but NOT with DVBDream

Postby HAWKHAWK » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:06 am

Ok, some good news: there is a OEM version of Cyberlinks TV Enhance installed on the Medion, and yes: this one can scan ALL 4 SATs (13/19,2/23,5/28,3) from my Multytenne and I can view all channels founds accross these different SATs. This means that my antenne setup is ok, and the DVB-S card must support (some kind of) diseqc.

The only remaining question is: how to let DVBDream support this too so I can use DVBDream (and DVBSbridge to MCE!) to watch multiple SATs too?

How can I supply more data for the developers here to make a specific (BDA) driver for this Creatix/CTX card?

regards

BTW: TV Enhance is from Cyberlink, look here: http://docs.cyberlink.com/english/techn ... /index.jsp

Return to “General”