Configure LAN Streaming?

General discussion . (Do not post bug reports or feature requests in this section!)

Moderators: Dreamer, FredB, X05

EluZioN
Just popping in

Configure LAN Streaming?

Postby EluZioN » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:32 am

Is it possible to configure LAN streaming? I ask because the only program I have found to use to receive is VLC, however I have to click navigation, program and select the program from the list.

That in itself is not a problem, but most of the time several programs are missing from the list, even if I am tuned to them in DD. EX: DD has 12 channels on the TP, but only 6 show in VLC. If I tune to a channel on the TP not in VLC's list, I cant watch it in VLC. Restarting VLC doesn't help, I can't figure out why programs are missing.

I am working on developing a client to display EGP, change channels and of course receive the UDP stream, but having the "incomplete" TP program list is causing me grief, not to mention several commercial Directshow UDP Filters (LEAD, Elecard) fail to open the stream.

Can DD be configured to send only the current tuned channel in TS format? Is there any other client besides VLC that can handle the output?

Thanks,
EluZioN

Twinhan 102G - GEForce 5500
dwarves
Just popping in

Postby dwarves » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:58 pm

skystar2
EluZioN
Just popping in

Postby EluZioN » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:50 pm

Thanks Dwarves,

I had read that and it is "working", however VLC is missing programs in the navigation drop down.

I played with it more today and determined it's VLC's issue, not DD's. TSReader opens the stream fine and displays all channels on the TP, although it can only play the channel that is currently tuned in DD.

Off to make a program to talk to DD, TSreader and DVBEPG over LAN :)

Regards,
EluZioN
Twinhan 102G - GEForce 5500

Return to “General”